“It's the Service that Makes it Great”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin Jonesville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Elkin
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I travel frequently, so I've stayed in dozens of hotels with similar layouts and amenities. This one, however, makes the stay something special by having chocolate bars on the counter, and by making the lobby a friendly gathering place well into the evening. The people here are simply nice - they try to think of ways to make your stay more pleasant, and they do it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dan R

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Midway stop enroute to Pittsburgh after 9 hour drive from Florida. Greeted warmly at front desk by David who recommended an excellent place to eat just minutes down the road. After dining returned to browse wine selections in lobby from local wineries. Matt asked our preferences and helped to guide us in our selection. Forgot to get extra blanket. David grabbed a blanket for us and assisted us in buying another wine for a gift. He also offered the complimentary gift box, opened the one for our room and provided two Marriott logo glasses!! Great place for anyone desiring to spend time in the NC area checking out the wineries. Beautiful area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Carlos92966
Reviewed March 6, 2014

which was a nice move. military/vet discount, free bottled water at greeting, nice room, comfortable bed, pool, free paper, and great breakfast! sure I am forgetting something.

middle of feb so nothing to do and still stayed a second night.

kfc, mcdonalds and taco bell down the road a mile, as well as Chinese and Italian foods.

if I was into wine tasting I wouldn't look any further than here.

plus right off 95 which makes it sweet f you are heading north or south and are looking for a place to crash. was like $75 a night with the NC taxes, city tax, luxury tax (not ALL them, but you get my meaning) and all the other taxes for "leisure" but still reasonable.

nice room, nice and modern shower.

great experience for just wanting to sleep.

Room Tip: there is a little road noise on the north (front) side, but if you are tied you wont hear it anymore...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank metcash
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Checked in on the last day of February, I'm only here in town for a week but thought this place would be a nice peaceful respet from the city life. As a Marriott Gold Elite member I was greated with a goody bag at check in... that's a first. I made my original reservation for a King sofa and was pleasantly upgraded to a California King Jr. Suite..... no complaints here. I feel like I've been pampered. Thank You. I travel frequently and have never had a stay at a Fairfield that's as nice as this. The breakfast goes till 10 am, you have many choices....eggs, sausage, bacon, sausage gravey, chicken nuggets and hot apples. Hot coffee, fresh fruit, milk, yoghurt, cheese and a small selection of danishes along with juice.
In the afternoon they have the most wonderful cookies...one of them is a Brownie thats filled with coconut.
The workout room is lovely they provide bottles of water and headphones (that was a first for me). They have 2 treadmill's an elliptical, stationary bike, weights and chairs to sit in after your workout.

I love the fact that they DO NOT allow guests to have alcohol in the lobby between 2:30am and 6:30am.
The staff is friendly and so kind, just remember to be kind first.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank bmyangel_19
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Just got back from an overnight stay with my husband to visit the wineries in the area. I'm so glad we stayed at this hotel. Everything about this place is perfect. It's right off 77, it's immaculate and beautiful. The indoor pool and large hot tub was exactly what I was looking for. It even had nice outdoor patio and fireplace with a great fire in the evenings, perfect after visiting wineries all day. The bottled water at the pool and gym was a very nice touch. It was nice not having to spend money at the vending machine. The lobby also has a great offering of beer, wine, other snacks for purchase. My husband and I couldn't believe the large free breakfast. I'm talking sausage gravy, biscuits, eggs, baked apples, bacon, cereals, bagels, homemade waffles, fresh fruit salad. This place is nicer than most 4 stars we have stayed at. We loved the young man named Austin who was so friendly and asked if everything was ok in our room. Austin if you're reading this, good luck with your school! The room was spotless, nicely decorated, and the bed was comfy with plenty of pillows. All in all, just a perfect stay. Cannot wait to go back.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Heather875
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Had a great weekend stay at this Hotel. Suites were large, clean and had all the extras even a Keurig . Door go closed a little loud but that was not much of a bother. Staff was always friendly and willing to answer questions. Breakfast had everything anyone could desire to eat. Would stay here again should the need arise.

Room Tip: I had a king suite which was spacious and felt like home. There was little noise from the Interstate...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Nancy G
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I travel pretty extensively on my job. I have stayed at hotels as many as 250 nights a year. I have stayed at all the chains...Marriott, Hilton, Windham etc. I have never been more impressed with a hotel than I am with the Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott in Elkin, N.C. Not only is the hotel kept immaculate at all times, the way they go all out to decorate for holidays is amazing. It all boils down to the staff. You would be hard pressed to find a better overall staff than the one at this hotel. I cant emphasize enough how wonderful the stay is at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Jeremy H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkin
Hampton Inn Jonesville/Elkin
#3 of 8 in Jonesville
Hampton Inn Mount Airy
Hampton Inn Mount Airy
#1 of 8 in Mount Airy

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin Jonesville? Share your experiences!