“Very Modern Feel and Solid Breakfast”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin Jonesville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Elkin
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Very Modern Feel and Solid Breakfast”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Walking in to this hotel, you don't feel like you just stepped in to a hotel in Elkin, NC. We had a great day touring vineyards in the area and were very pleased with this Fairfield. I had read other reviews of this hotel on Tripadvisor and the positive reviews were accurate.
Room was modernly decorated. Reminded me a bit of the first time we stayed at a W hotel property in Atlanta. The carpet was a black and white pattern that is not your usual hotel carpet. The room itself included all the regulars you would expect: mini-fridge, large flat panel TV and a Keurig coffee maker, and WSJ weekends at the door.
The breakfast was a cut above. Had multiple flavors of waffle mix to pick from and the eggs and biscuits & gravy tasted better than an average hotel breakfast.
They had an indoor pool which we didn't use, but I did use the workout room which was small but they had dumbbell choices along with the treadmills and elliptical machines.
We would definitely stay here again when in the area wine-tasting.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank packfollower

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Whitesboro, Texas
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The staff would go out of their way to make sure your stay was a great one. The food was great and the rooms very clean there was always something to eat and coffee twenty four hours a day. Thanks Jim

Room Tip: very clean and nice staff
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Jim O
Toronto
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We've stayed at and reviewed the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Elkin, NC before. Whenever we stay (and we have two other preferences in the area), I know we will have an exceptional experience from check-in to check-out. I know we will enjoy a clean, spacious room, well-maintained, well-lit comfortable public areas and an awesome breakfast.

In June, the five- year- old property earned Marriott's coveted Chairman's Award - for the third consecutive year and the only Fairfield to do so. It is given to hotels that receive the highest guest satisfaction ratings. The hotel garnered 11 out of 12 awards at this year's Orlando convention.

I booked this AAA rate online the night prior to our arrival. For some reason, I was unable to book the AARP rate. Matt G. checked me in and I asked if the AAA rate was the best I could receive. He checked the AARP rate which was several dollars lower and applied that rate. This courtesy is evidence of General Manager Michael Wilson's philosophy to empower every employee to: "take care of the guest or whatever it takes to make them happy so they'll come back and stay with us again." You succeeded, Mr. Wilson.

Just as we finished settling in, Matt called the room to see if everything was ok and to remind me that he would be on duty all night if we needed anything. This thoughtful gesture during the busy check-in time meant a lot.

You succeeded, Mr. Wilson. We will be back.

Room Tip: We like a high floor overlooking the front of the hotel.. There can be noise from the outdoor court...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marnette S
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I knew as soon as I walked in that this hotel was great! It is approximately 7 hours from Southwestern PA, a perfect stopping point on the way to the beach. The rooms were so clean, and I had a great night's sleep in the comfortable yet modern room. Complimentary breakfast offers all hot items, cereal, fruit, bagels, and make your own waffles. We will stay here every time traveling through this area.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank J P
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My mom and I were wine tasting in the area and hadn't yet decided where to stay. One of the folks at a local winery suggested this place so we figured why not. Very glad we did; nice property close to wineries and other attractions. A roomy two queen bed room was about $85 (not including taxes) so not cheap, but, not overly expensive, either. The room was certainly quiet and comfortable and interestingly decorated in very bright, retro colors. Large spacious bathroom, very comfy beds with excellent bedding and a Keurig machine for our am coffee :-)
There was a nice breakfast spread available, but, we decided to eat elsewhere. Apparently there are sometimes evening receptions but we may have arrived too late to partake.
The hotel sells a selection of local wines.
All in all, a nice place and I'd certainly stay here again when in the area wine tasting.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
DeBary, Florida
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was traveling home from New Jersey to Florida and wanted to find a halfway point to rest for the night so I chose Elkin NC. What I found was the Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin / Jonesville. I read a few reviews and made a reservation. When we arrived at around 6pm on Tuesday night I asked Matt at the check-in desk if there were any restaurants in the area and he told us the hotel was now serving complementary dinner to its guest. We bought a bottle of wine right there at the hotel and sat down to a totally unexpected free dinner. From the beautiful landscaped exterior to the common area the hotel appear sto be new. The room was outstanding. I’m not sure if the rest of the rooms are like the one we got but ours was a suite decorated in black and white modern furniture and the bed was super comfortable. The hotel was spotless from top to bottom. Before leaving the next morning we enjoyed a delicious complimentary breakfast. So a few weeks earlier I opened google maps and planned my return 1100 mile trip back home, tried to find a halfway point which happened to be a place called Elkin, NC and walked into this absolutely beautiful hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank action80
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are big and clean. There is a nice pool; friendly and accommodating staff. The front desk has local wines for sale. The breakfast is plentiful and included in the price. Close to Walmart. Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank jamesmorton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkin
Hampton Inn Jonesville/Elkin
#2 of 8 in Mount Airy
Hampton Inn Mount Airy
Hampton Inn Mount Airy
#1 of 8 in Mount Airy

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin Jonesville? Share your experiences!