“casual yet fine dining in Elkin, NC” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Twenty One and Main - CLOSED

Twenty One and Main
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the heart of historic downtown Elkin is the evening experience you’ve been awaiting. Enjoy dining in one of the oldest buildings in Elkin while treating your tastebuds to the culinary delights of Executive Chef Jeffery Gibbs. Our extensive wine list includes some of the most elegant boutique wines available along with the Yadkin Valley’s finest varietals. On beautiful North Carolina evenings enjoy dining in our private courtyard while listening to live jazz. Or head up to our full service wine bar for some small plates and an evening you won’t soon forget.
sc
“casual yet fine dining in Elkin, NC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2008

We ate here while on a trip visiting wineries in the area and it was excellent. The service, food, wine were all wonderful and the restaurant is small and relaxing for fine dining. All of our food was prepared and presented beautifully and everyone at the restaurant made us feel very special. We will definitely go back. It was well worth the price!!

2 Thank ibtrixie

Winston-Salem, NC
“Great food but block out the night.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2008

Really great food was tempered by extremely slow service (it took 2.5 hours for a dinner that should have taken 1 hr 15 min). Recommended: the bacon wrapped lamb with mushrooms and gnocci. Not recommended: Dessert.

Wake Forest, NC
“Best We've Had in Yadkin Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2008

We were recently touring the Yadkin Valley wine country, enjoying a conversation with a winemaker when he asked us if we had dinner plans. We didn't, so he recommended a new restaurant called Twenty One & Main in Elkin. Since we ALWAYS follow recommendations from locals, we drove straight there.

We were greeted so warmly by everyone in the restaurant. Our waiter was friendly and conversational, and recommended a yummy bottle of wine for us. Since we couldn't decide, we ordered TWO appetizers - I got a delicious flatbread and my husband indulged in a southwestern-style sushi. Now, I DO NOT like seafood, much less raw fish, but my husband couldn't shut up about how amazing this sushi was, so I tried it. It was, I must admit, fresh and delicious.

Then we moved on to the main course - I had a perfectly seasoned, perfectly cooked, melt in your mouth pork loin on a bed of creamy mushroom risotto. Oh, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. My husband had the bacon-wrapped lamb and it was equally perfect in every way.

I think it is also telling that we saw two different winemakers who we'd met during our winery visits that day walk in and request a table. They came in with their familes to have dinner. These people are professional tasters, and this is where they eat dinner. Quite a recommendation.

On our second night in Yadkin Valley, we were considering our options for dinner. This was our fourth visit to the area, so we have a pretty good grasp of most of the choices. In the end, we couldn't think of a place we would rather go than BACK to Twenty-One & Main. Our waiter and the owner recognized us when we walked in, and we were a little embarassed to be indulging for a second night in a row. But hey... that's what happens when you have amazing food and excellent service! There is no doubt that when we go back to Yadkin Valley, they'll be seeing us yet again.

2 Thank NikiHP