“Surprising”
Review of Twenty One and Main - CLOSED

Twenty One and Main
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the heart of historic downtown Elkin is the evening experience you’ve been awaiting. Enjoy dining in one of the oldest buildings in Elkin while treating your tastebuds to the culinary delights of Executive Chef Jeffery Gibbs. Our extensive wine list includes some of the most elegant boutique wines available along with the Yadkin Valley’s finest varietals. On beautiful North Carolina evenings enjoy dining in our private courtyard while listening to live jazz. Or head up to our full service wine bar for some small plates and an evening you won’t soon forget.
New Phila., OHio
“Surprising”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were very surprised to find this quality of a restaurant in this small town. Great renovation of a former hardware store and a small but interesting menu, We ate there twice on the way to and from Ohio to Florida. Our server was Douglas and he made the evening very enjoyable telling us about the area's wine country and Mount Airy.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Old building, current cusine, very good”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I travel to Elkin NC once a month and had not yet tried this establishment on the main street in the historic downtown located in a three story historic brick building. The atmosphere is intimate, inviting with soft music which is quite a pleasant contrast to other Elkin restaurants. I dined on the scallop appetizer and ceasar salad both of which were excellent with artistic presentation. The scallops were grilled just right and accompanied by raddicio and sweet potato pieces. The ceasar salad was served atop its homemade dressing and accompanied by a tapenade that was very good. My wine selection was the local red by the glass and I found the Shadow Springs Meritage just right with my meal. The wine list is extensive with lots of local NC wines. Service was attentive, knowledagable and prompt.

Harmony, North Carolina
“Dry chicken and poor service”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

For Elkin, this is an amazing restaurant location. It's gorgeous. The room is decorated perfectly and everything looks clean. We were one of only a few tables in the main dining room on a Tuesday night. This is the first time I've eaten at this location since it was the Elevator restaurant maybe 12 years ago. I loved my mixed green salad and my husband enjoyed most of his meal though he was unable to eat the asparagus because it was seriously overcooked. I ordered the chicken with waffles. Because it was a bone-in chicken half, I expected a tender, juicy chicken. The chicken was EXTREMELY dry; I don't think I've ever not been able to eat chicken before. It was really hot but totally tasteless. For $22, I'd expect a better piece of chicken.

The waiter, Hiram, was training a new waitress. He never stopped at the table after we were served the meal so I did not have the opportunity to ask for a replacement. I had to ask twice for sweetener for our coffee and we had to ask for EVERY cup of coffee that was served. My martini glass was empty for quite some time when the bartender happened to be walking by and asked me if I wanted a refill. Because this is a higher-end, chef run restaurant, I expected more.

• Visited March 2013
“Excellent food at a price”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

This was our second trip to Twenty One and Main. We're not sure how a little town like Elkin can support this high end a restaurant, but we're glad it does.

I left a message requesting a same-day reservation and they returned my call promptly. They no longer serve lunch (see previous paragraph?).

The mixed green salad was only good, but the two entrees were creative and excellent. But you'll pay for it. This is big city food at big city (for NC anyway) prices.

But the opportunity to have Asheville quality hiking and Asheville quality dining with half the drive time from the Triangle will keep us coming back.

Graham, North Carolina
“Love this place!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This was my 2nd visit. First time was about a year ago with some girlfriends. food and service were wonderful. Returned tonight with my fiancee. tonight we sat upstairs. Food, ambience and service were impeccable. the chicken and waffles was amazing! We will definitely be back.