“As good as other hotels in the AREA--Definately Will Return”

Quality Inn Elizabeth City
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Elizabeth City
Brooklyn, New York
“As good as other hotels in the AREA--Definately Will Return”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed at this location Sept 2nd, 2013. The Staff was nice and friendly (southern hospitality). Room was clean-Very Clean every day and we stay for five days, no horror story-just the best kept secret that this hotel is just as good as the others hotels i've stayed in (Great sleeping bed)..As we are from the area, and I will definately stay again. Ginni

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LvandEd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have been visiting this location for several years. It has always had very efficient staffing, as well as cleanliness. I have never experienced, in the many rooms I have stayed in, any type of bugs or nasty sheets, and don't think I ever will. I very rarely make a reservation, because the trips I make are usually unplanned. I find the food extremely acceptable, and do enjoy not having to go out and get breakfast, as I am on the road frequently. They have also substituted for me. I have stayed at hotels in other cities with a continental breakfast, and find them to be quite boring. The specials they have for dinner are also quite appetizing and plentiful. The hotel is extremely well maintained and the staff is always very cooperative to anything I have ever asked for, including the need of extra towels and shampoos. This is the friendliest place I have every stayed in, and I have referred them to several family members and coworkers. They have stayed there and thanked me for the referral.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent! In warmer weather, choose a room close to the pool if you have childre...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Frank B
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Good breakfast (full meal with drinks for both adults & kids) with nice server. Had good night stay for very reasonable price. Location & price was key to our travels. This hotel had a great crib for infants/toddlers, probably one of the best we have used. I wish all hotels had sturdy cribs like this one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Beth1143
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My family traveled to Quality Inn due to their location and amentities. Checked in late 9pm as we were tired from a 8 hr drive with two small kids (7yr and 2yr). The next morning we woke and our oldest pulled the covers back to find he slept in blood stained sheets! Absolutely horrific and disurbing.
We started packing and loading our vehicle and our neighboring vehicle's windows were busted out with glass everywhere. The police spoke to the other guest as we loaded up. To end this we wanted to eat before we got back on the road. No one greeted us so we just sat down. Staff was rude and food was cold. Not worth eating even if included with the room. W just left.
After all this the hotel sent an apology email. Hoping we would come back! What a joke!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ms_C_06
fort wayne Indiana
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We usually stay at choice hotels because they are clean and priced right. But this one did not meet the usual standards. First my wife killed a roach that was about a inch long in the room. Second the pool had more dead bugs floating in the water than I have ever seen before. Third the hot breakfast they advertise was not as good as most. The food was very limited I would have preferred a continental breakfast as there would have been more choices. and finally they only put two towels in the room each day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank wltgl
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed June 21, 2013

One of the things I don't like about Choice Hotel properties is the variance in quality. This property regrettably is a makeover that didn't quite make it. It appears to be a circa 1960s motel that got a new coat of stucco and paint with some furniture, but still is a sub par offering for the rates being asked. The first room I checked into had no wireless service, and the prompt on the desk was for me, the guest, to troubleshoot it with Time Warner Business Class. After a 10 minute hold for TWC, I ditched that and went to the front desk. They nicely offered to change rooms. Internet worked in the new room, but the latch holding the lock bar (see picture below) in place was already coming out of the door jamb. Also too few electrical outlets. I should have stayed at the newer Hampton Inn up the street.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor on the west side facing the parking lot. It's the quietest.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Mike P, Manager at Quality Inn Elizabeth City, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank You for the review and we do apologize for any in convince the room may have caused. We do ask that all our guest let us know of any issues that they may have so we can address any problems at the time of the stay.

Thank You….
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been staying at this establishment for over one year now, and must say that I am very pleased with all of the aminities that quality inn offers. The rooms are comfortable and affordable. The people who work here are very friendly and knowledgeable. Also, to add to that you don't even have to leave the property to get a great meal. You get a free hot breakfast with your stay. There is a restaurant on the property with a few others in walking distance. I would recommend this to you. You are less than an hour from the outer banks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business