“Great Price Great Stay”

Comfort Inn Elizabeth City
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Elizabeth City
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

There aren't many choices (no pun intended) in E-City and I've stayed at both the Comfort Inn and Fairfield and I really like this hotel.

Choice hotels have really revved up their hotels and this one is no different.

The breakfast is hot and fresh, the staff is very friendly, and the atmosphere is more of a business hotel. Most of the people staying there during my three visits where traveling for work just like I was so that was kind of nice.

The hotel is close to everything so it's in a great location.

If it's been a while since you've stayed in a choice hotel, this is a great one to start with.

Clean rooms, friendly staff, good breakfast!

Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Some reviewers said this place was brand new but I believe "renovated" would be the correct term. Everything has a new coat of paint on it which makes everything appear new but unfortunately made my door and the stairwell door hard to open & close. The carpet & furnishings were all new as well, however, when I pulled out my new desk chair it was full of cracker crumbs. There is no on-site fitness center. Luckily, the weather was nice and the adjacent residential area seemed very safe. Most of the staff I came in contact with was very friendly but when I checked in I asked about a Diamond Elite upgrade (since I stay at lots of Choice hotels) but was told by the clerk there were none available. When I got into my room, I looked online and saw a couple of better rooms available so I can only assume he was too lazy to change my keys & room. The breakfast room attendant was extremely friendly and the breakfast offering was standard Comfort Inn fare. The coffee was barely warm but all else was good. I may give this place another try if I'm back in the area. I can only hope they step things up.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We stay here on our way to Hatteras Island. It used to be. Holiday Inn. It was okay, but now that it has been so recently renovated it was quite nice. The complimentary breakfast was fine except that the drink dispenser did not work. The lady keeping out breakfast foods and drinks did her best. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I was greeted by a desk clerk chomping on gum so profusely I could barely understand her. Finally figured out she wanted to know how I was going to pay. Told her the reservation had been paid in full a couple months ago (otherwise I would have left). She then insisted on a credit card for "incidentals". What are they going to charge for? What a turn off and the manager was standing right next to her! Train your people! Finally another lady came by and she was very helpful. Got to the room and it was ok. Only reason for poor rating on service was the first desk clerk. All others have been fine.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Papamac5515
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I typically stay at Holiday Inns, but as there were none available - I had to "settle" for a Comfort Inn.
The rates were fair, the room was nice (and clean) but the staff are what really impressed me. I have rarely seen such genuine friendliness from a hotel staff as I have here.
The woman who does the breakfast asked "I hope to see y'all again!" (And I think she will)

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Drufasa
cwelizabethtaylor, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing at Comfort Inn Elizabeth City, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

We are thrilled that you chose to stay with us at the new Comfort Inn Elizabeth City. We actually took over this property within the last five months and completely renovated it, inside and out. Most of all, we are committed to providing exceptional guest service and so appreciate your comments regarding our staff. They are an amazing team and truly treat our guests like family. Marion, our Breakfast Hostess, who you mentioned, is definitely going to make sure you start your day with a smile and full, hot breakfast! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit, and again, thank you so much!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

This used to be the Something Another Inn Express...... the makeover is incredible. The entire staff headed up by Charles the Manager who personally helped me as well, was friendly, polite, and professional! WOWWWWWWWW! It appears every area I saw of the hotel was remodeled and it looks really great. There is no doubt this is the best chain hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff could not be any friendlier or helpful. I have a broken leg and Charles the manager personally helped me get my luggage and gear to my room. If you stay anywhere else in the area you have stayed at the wrong place.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and taking notice of all the changes we have made since taking over the property. We are a completely new property and franchise (Comfort Inn) and committed to providing the best customer service possible. We are so sorry to hear about your broken leg but very happy to hear that Charles and his staff made a special effort to make your stay more comfortable. We cannot thank you enough for choosing to stay with us and hope to see you in the near future! In the meantime, we wish you a quick recovery!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I want to thank the manager and staff for the outstanding service and accommodations that made feel at home during my recent stay 2/24/14 - 2/28/14. I highly recommend this hotel as a great value. I particularly want to recognize the above & beyond attitude of Charles Diliello (GM), Kim Owens (Sales Manager), Rebecca (Receptionist) and Marion Campbell (Restaurant Manager)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank weforevergreen
cwelizabethtaylor, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing at Comfort Inn Elizabeth City, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Comfort Inn Elizabeth City and for sharing such wonderful feedback! Our constant goal is to exceed guest expectations, so I am so grateful that you experienced such a positive visit. We are very excited about the new property and appreciate any input you have that can make your stay even better next time. Most of all, thank you for taking the time to recognize our staff. Charles, Kim, Rebecca and Marian are all part of a great team, and making our guests feel at home is what it is all about. We sincerely hope to see you again on your next visit to Elizabeth City.

Warmest Regards,