“Do not honor gift cards”

Muddy Waters Coffeehouse
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
“Do not honor gift cards”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband purchased me a gift card 2 years back from Muddy's for use when our son comes home from college as a special treat. Quite honestly, I had misplaced the card, and when I located it, I checked the back of it to make sure it had no expiration for it's use. Then, I looked at the front of the card for the address, so my son and I could visit.
We got there, placed our order, and were then told that the card would not be accepted because it was purchased at a different location which is no longer open. The card has THIS locations address and phone number but you won't honor it? Is that even legal? THANKS!! My husband is out his $20....what a crock. You'd think they try to satisfy the customer. Their loss of a business location shouldn't be at our expense!

• Visited March 2013
5 Thank Sara B

“Great spot in downtown Elizabeth City!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I stop here often for coffee and the staff is great! Very cool reutilization of property in Elizabeth City. It is always a good place to stop and see familiar faces. And the coffee is good too! :)

1 Thank TenBladeTail
Alaska
“Mmmmm real Coffee!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Cute coffee culture coffee house that smells wonderful as you walk in, very nice and extremely helpful staff. Very cool that they have a blend dedicated to the U.S. Coast Guard.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank MuddyMike
Elizabeth City, NC
“perfect”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

They have excellent coffee, drinks etc. and are highly recommended by all the locals who frequent this coffee house.

Visited December 2012
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
“Great Cup of Joe”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is a great little coffee shop. The coffee is great, baked items are great and the atmosphere is great. :)

• Visited December 2012