“Another hidden gem”
Review of Sandwich Market

Sandwich Market
Ranked #41 of 107 Restaurants in Elizabeth City
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Three of us had lunch last Saturday based on the recommendation of the only one in the group who had been there previously. It is certainly off the beaten path on a side street, but there was a large parking area and ample tables for seating. I was immediately impressed with the very high sanitation rating, and the cleanliness of the place was obvious. There is a nice variety of menu choices---you order at the counter from a list posted on the wall. You get your drink immediately and then your food is brought to your table.
Each of us had a different item---one chicken wrap, one toasted cheese, and one turkey sandwich with a side salad. All were freshly made and delicious. My salad was crisp and fresh---my only complaint is that the so-called Italian dressing was not to my taste. Prices were very reasonable.
I would highly recommend this place as a healthy and tasty alternative to fast food. I don't live in the area but would return if I were there.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

They make fantastic sandwiches and delicious soups. I love this place and eat here as often as I can. I usually order 1/2 tuna salad sandwich that comes with chips and a pickle.The pickle is crunchy and they have fantastic home made soups and desserts. The restaurant is kept clean and up to date. The prices are reasonable and the staff very friendly.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Good sandwich, but thought it was a little over priced for the food. It is a nice atmosphere, and always seems busy at lunch.

1  Thank ABKielar
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My Dad and I meet at this fun little place for lunch. They make all of the standard favorite sandwiches, with pickles and chips - grilled cheese, turkey, tuna fish, etc. - you know exactly what to expect. A few minutes, a few dollars, a VERY friendly cashier, a satisfying lunch. I love this little place and think you will, too.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

The Sandwich Market is another local favorite of mine. It's a little hidden just of Ehringhouse Road, but it's worth seeking out for lunch. It's cheap, quick and the sandwiches are fresh and delicious. I usually get the dagwood on a hoagy loaded with everything they have, along with a homemade brownie or piece of cake.