“Great goat...haha” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great goat...haha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We had a large party and stopped in by chance. We were delighted to find our meals were great. I had the goat curry and it was delicious...we shared all of our meals and everyine was very happy. The red snapper was very good. The jerk chicken wings were also a favorite. The service was good and prices were reasonable. The portions were generous. When we are in the area again we will stop in again.

2 Thank sthoff

Elizabeth City, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jerk Burger with sweet potato fries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Best burger in Elizabeth City! Burger is spicy, moist, and served on a great bun. The sweet potato fries go great with the burger.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank hopemalott
Edenton, North Carolina
“Great food, great portions, great prices and great new location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

While I only got takeout, the jerk chicken dinner I ordered was phenomenal. The dinner is big enough for 2 to split with just enough spice to make it enjoyable but not too hot to make it miserable. Collards and mac and cheese are amazeballs.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank SandSunSurf85
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for Saturday date night.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

It was my first time there. I found the decor to be tasteful and elegant. I was looking forward to trying the food since I had heard so much about it.
The band out in the cold was
Set to perform. Although I found it odd, the way you order is by checking off your choices on a piece of paper but I guess that was just because it was a special menu. I had heard about the Cajun chicken with
The angel hair pasta. The cornbread was very tasty. I chose the Cajun chicken and was given a side salad to start with. The salad was very fresh and delicious. When my meal arrived I thought wow!huge portion of food . I tasted it and found it to be seasoned good but was expecting a little more kick to it since it said cajun. I ate half of it because the portion was large. The waitress was very attentive and polite. All in all I would definitely eat there again. My husband had the Mac and cheese with the BBQ chicken. I tried the chicken, it was moist and delicious. Mac and cheese was great. I really enjoyed the band and food . I will definitely be back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank rocknrollmomma
Durants Neck, North Carolina
“Mediocre food - Service was horrendous”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have been to this restaurant 3 times. I am really trying to give them every opportunity to prove itself. Tonight was a special night as they had a live performance of a bluegrass band (Nu-Blu) performing (7-8:30p) and they had prepared a special, “simple” menu for the occasion. Three choices of chicken: 1) turkey with gravy and stuffing, 2) barbecued white meat chicken, 2) barbecued dark meat chicken, and 3) cajun-style chicken on a bed of angel hair pasta. (Please notice the qualifier “simple”.)

We arrived at about 5:45p - 4 of us. The hostess first did not have the reservation, then after some brief discussion she found it. We were seated in a booth opposite the performance area. Perfect! The table was set ONLY with a knife and fork wrapped in a tissue thin napkin. NO spoon.

After we all settled in and ordered our drinks (iced tea all around), the waitress delivered a basket of cornbread and butter - but NO PLATES! What are we to do with the bread while we are buttering it, and nibbling on it?
I ordered the BBQ Chicken as did another in my party. That came with 2 sides Mac & Cheese and candied yams. Another ordered the Turkey with the same two sides.

The chicken was moist and had good flavor, but you could tell the BBQ sauce was slathered on at the last minute and kept in the warming oven until needed. The mac and cheese was - just OK. The candied yams were over the top - sweet. I could not finish the yams. The person in our party that ordered the turkey plate managed to eat maybe half of it, and sent it back to the kitchen unfinished. It was actually some sort of processed turkey. He ate the Mac & Cheese and a little of the yams.

I asked the waitress about dessert - a logical question following dinner. She said "there is no dessert on the menu tonight" and disappeared. She did come back a little later to let us know that yes there are desserts available. I forget what the 3 or 4 options were but I ordered the double chocolate cake which was WONDERFUL - the food highlight of the evening.

Let me move on to the wait staff. Each time I have been to this restaurant I have encountered the same problems - the wait staff are totally inept. The setups on the table on arrival was a knife and fork wrapped in a tissue thin napkin. No spoons! We asked for some but never received them. Nothing to stir coffee or iced tea. The waitress was not accepting of bringing a pitcher of iced tea to the table (all four of us were having iced tea). Needless to say, our glasses rarely got filled during the evening. Refills took about 15 minutes. We were there from 5:45 - 7:30p. She was not aware of the menu, and what all of the offerings were, and in the end, she got the bill wrong.
I may give them one last try - on a slow night - but that will be it. I have read other reviews and others find the food wonderful and the service good. I find the food - overall - to be mediocre at best, and the service abysmal. I really hope this restaurant can make it, as downtown Elizabeth City desparately needs some night life brought back into it. But they are going to have to hire someone who knows the hospitality side of how to run a restaurant to make this work.
Oh - I almost forgot - the bluegrass band Nu-Blu was GREAT! Loved the show.

• Visited March 2014