“Great food. Love the new location!”

Island Breeze Grill
Ranked #19 of 109 Restaurants in Elizabeth City
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Had an awesome experience at this new location. Great selection and reasonable prices. Manager very friendly and informative.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

They've moved to a VERY nice, snazzy new building on Poindexter.

BEST jerk chicken I've ever had. Collards, mac and cheese and plantains make the meal.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

CC is perfect if for you it's about the food. My husband and I had lunch there today. I had oxtails based on the review generously shared by another contributor. I also had fried plantains and steamed cabbage. My husband: smothered chicken, black beans and rice, and green beans. We both heartily agree that the food was a 10. The meat was tender and everything was very, very flavorful--makes American sauces look boring. Alicia, our waitress, was pleasant and helpful. Our bill for two lunches (cornbread was extra), tax included, was just under $20. We did not order beverages.

This is a homey, relaxed, no-frills kind of place. The tables and chairs look like they came from four different restaurants that went bankrupt. But it was 1) clean (restrooms too), 2) not too noisy, 3) provided good service, and 4) served terrific food. They don't serve alcohol, not even beer or wine, but the waitress said that they will when they move to their new location in Elizabeth City--not sure how soon this will be.

Free WiFi is available to all diners. We liked that too! No question that we will visit this charming little place again.

1  Thank Ginny000
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Great food with friendly staff... and reminds me of my vacations to the Caribbean. ?. Love the greens, jerk chicken, curry goat and fried plantains.

PRO:

Food is hearty and prepared very well

CON:

Limited parking and tables for dining in... not open on saturdays

1  Thank Jonzey J
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This could be an excellent restaurant and I would rate it higher (by one star) but my problem is that true to Caribbean nature you just don't know if they will be open (inconsistent). The food is generally outstanding, my favorite is the Ox Tails and mixed cooked greens. The service is very friendly as well. Elizabeth City is definitely a better place for having this restaurant.

Just know the picture posted for the restaurant is NOT correct. The building is fairly run down and doesn't stand out from anything along the road because it is set back farther than the adjacent buildings. Look for the sign, it is across from the Holiday Inn Express. Oddly enough, the setting is correct for the type of food. Again, do not be scared away the food is generally outstanding.

My recommendation is to try this place out but have a back-up plan in case they are not open when you get there.

2  Thank Clay27921