“Hotdogs”

Famous Franks Hot Dogs & Grll
Ranked #21 of 110 Restaurants in Elizabeth City
Reviewed August 10, 2017

Great hots dogs and chilli, food good and with a good price. Never had a bad meal there. dessert good also

Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

I stopped in to grab a quick lunch and much to my surprise the special of the day was Sloppy Joe's. I had not had one in so many years! What a cool place with team sports posters on the wall. It's definitely not fancy, but if you want a quick sandwich and don't want the fast food chains, this is a good choice. They were very busy, too. Service was quick and polite.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

I was told this establishment served turkey hot dogs - they do not. I am unable to digest beef. Thus this was not a good restaurant choice for me (although it was a wonderful choice for the rest of my group).
The service here is wonderful. The people very, very nice. The food that I could eat was ok - and I would not choose to come here on my own.
That being said, those who are able to eat beef looked to have delicious lunches - and acted as if the food was the best (in the hot dog category of food).
SO - if you like beef, pork, and/or combo hot dogs - this is a great place to get them.

Reviewed March 19, 2017

Service was horrible, the wait to be served and get our food was horrendous and when we mentioned this serveral times to several servers we were told this is their busy time. I'd just assume if you know when your busy time is you'd be prepared to handle the volume for better service. Food, drinks were forgotten, one meal was never rang in so after at least 45 min wait we were missing a meal. The food was average, not sure what is so "famous" about it.

Reviewed August 16, 2016

Not a particular fan of hot dogs, I'd driven past this busy little place many times. A friend talked about how much fun he had there, and another friend suggested we try it. Greeted cheerily, we were seated and given menus and suggestions about what we might want to order. The selection is limited, frankfurters and hamburgers mostly, with the usual sides, chips and fries. Staff was very friendly, prices great, and service efficient. The meals we had met expectations, and we've been back several times for the pleasant atmosphere.