“Where everyone knows your name...”

Famous Franks Hot Dogs & Grll
Ranked #22 of 106 Restaurants in Elizabeth City
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Yes, its a hot dog joint, yes it is laid back. It is the kind of place where the regulars all know each other, and there are LOTS of regulars at this wondeful little Hot Dog Joint. The owner is a wonderful lady, you will find most days of the serving the best Boars Heads Hot Dogs, Organic Angus Beef Monster Burgers, Boars Head Cajin Roast Beef Bomb Sandwiches and a menu full of other yummy goodies with the hugest smile on her face. By your second trip in she will know your name, and make you truly feel like you are at home. I highly recommend you stop by and try the food, and enjoy the family feel to this little gem of a Hot Dog Joint, where every one knows your name, atleast by the second visit, I promise, you will love it, and it will become one of your favorite places to eat.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just driving by you probably wouldn't notice the place. Sure, it's on the corner of a busy intersection, but the parking lot is small and it's rather nondescript(it was once the ABC Store). If you decided to stop as you were cruising down the road you are pleasantly surprised. The food is great: Organic Hamburger Meat, Boar's Head Meats & Hot Dogs, Sweet Potato Fries, etc. They also have good prices on their beer, which isn't a huge selection, but it gets the job done!

The decor is very laid back...there is local school sports uniforms, Nascar & Redskins items as well as tons of advertising for local businesses. This is also an extremely Biker-friendly spot, where every Thursday Night is Biker Night.

They host biker-friendly events during the year, poker runs and the like; and they support our military as well!

The selection of hot dog options is incredible, as it should be, as this is primarily a hot dog joint. You really should give it a try, you won't be sorry!

2  Thank AJMartin_NC
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Well I only live two blocks from famous franks and I have never been there before. My boss and co-workers all tell me to go there and so I finally did. The inside is really nice and clean and has numerous arcade games to play while you wait for your food! I ordered a cheesburger and some cheesy tots and I have to say I looooovveeddd it! I ate everybite! The prices are great and the atmosphere is wonderful! I have to say it's my favorite place in town!!

1  Thank Patricia M
Reviewed March 1, 2012

The food here is plain. It's hot dogs - so there's not really many thrilling things going on. The food was served on styrofoam and was greasy. But, hey, it's a hot dog joint, so there's not really a lot of expectation in that. It's a place where local motorcycle groups like to hang out, even though it's not a real bar. I guess because the food is cheap? Anyway, it's not my first choice and hardly my last.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

The title says it all. This is a fun little hot dog joint tucked onto a side street in downtown Elizabeth City. There's nothing fancy here, but you will find a very friendly reception from the owner and if you like hot dogs, this is your place.