“Nice location, terrible experience” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grouper's Waterfront Restaurant

Grouper's Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 103 Restaurants in Elizabeth City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Nice location, terrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

I've been to many places along various NC beaches but this has to have been by far the worst experience I've ever had. The place was not very busy. It was 7pm on a Friday night. It took an hour and a half to get our appetizers. The waiter hinted to us that we might not want to put in our food order until we saw how the first part of our meal went. There were 3 other tables next to us all complaining as well. Nice water front location but swim away as fast as you can! Based on other posted advice we went to Ruby Tuesdays. Awesome, thanks for the advice!!

1 Thank DanTheTravelerFromNC

“down home food and hospitality well worth the trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

We stopped in on our way down to Topsail not knowing what we would find and what good luck. Grouper's waterfront restaurant offered well cooked seafood, great service, and luckily a free concert that night on their deck by an old-time shag music/old rock and roll band. The service was friendly and it was a busy night, so they warned us in advance it would be slow - but it was worth it. Glad to be home in NC even for a week, you just don't get this treatment any farther north! Very casual. Good shrimp and decent seafood pot.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lab12345
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
“disgusted”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2011

my friend & i went to groupers to have a couple of drinks & dinner. it took forever to get anyone to us so we could order our drinks. the drink i asked for they didnt have in stock. every place that serves liquor has hennessey in stock. we were given menus & nobody came back to take our order. we tried to flag down a waitress & she told us that she wasnt the one waiting on us & we will have to wait. a 1/2 an hour later this little guy came over & told us that he didnt know how long we would get our food & that it may take a while because they were busy. i asked for the bill, which took another 15 minutes, paid, left no tip, left & went to monteros where we got great service & awesome food. i also called groupers the following day & all they said was,"thank you for your input." very disgusted.

• Visited April 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank glendaheath
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Very good food with an Excellent view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2010

Very good food - we had scallops, and the view was tremendous. The wait staff was a little short, but they handled it well. The dinner rolls were baked for each table - excellent!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Durfmeister
No. Va
“Good food, they need more help”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2010

Wife and I tried different things. I had the seafood combo because I wanted a bit of everything. Shrimp, Mahi Mahi, Scallops and crab cake. Everything excellent and cooked perfectly. That said, peppers in the crab cake is always a turn off to me, but that's a personal thing. Wife had fried shrimp and loved it. Service was slow because their were probably 50 people inside and outside and three waitress's to attend. That's just no enough. Food took a while, but that seems to be the norm and I don't mind when it's cooked perfectly. They also had no hostess on duty, so the waitress's would run over and try to meet the people coming in and then scurry back to the tables. I saw some folks walk in and stand at the front for 5 minutes and then just walk away. Couldn't blame them in the least. Prices weren't cheap, but not over the top. My meal as $18.95 and my wife's $17.95. Little higher then what I wanted to pay, but once again, the food was good. We also had salads. Home made blue cheese dressing didn't meet my wifes expectations, but my poppyseed dressing was excellent. Guess that's it. Counting tip and two soft drinks, the bill came out to $52 for the two of us. Not sure I'd go back, as I'd try other places in the area. PS. View was very nice and we parked next door at the public parking area where these is a park

• 2 of 5 bubbles