“WONDERFUL!!!!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Elizabeth City
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed here July 3 and 4th and I must say it was wonderful. I want to thank Page and Deanna (front desk) on making our check in so easy. They had such wonderful personalities, very professional but not snooty. They always had smiles on their faces-which showed they love what they do. We have travelled all over and these girls were the best!!!! The Inn was beautiful too and very clean!!!! I would recommend this place to anyone travelling to that area!! Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
MyFairfield, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

We love it when the guests catch the staff doing something RIGHT! Thanks for your kind words about Paige and Deanna - we think they are pretty special too. It's always nice to get positive feedback about the hotel....especially the cleanliness and the staff. We appreciate your recommendation and are glad that you will consider staying with us in the future. It's always a pleasure to greet a return guest!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The Fairfield Inn is a nice hotel and home base if you want to stay on the out skirts of the Outer Banks. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The rooms are large and comfortable. The amenities are great with the pool and workout facilities. The breakfast has a good variety of hot and cold items. We would highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting Elizabeth City or the Outer Banks.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Terry F, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for your great comments and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly with any further comments or suggestions for me and my staff so that we can continue to provide the best customer service possible. Thank you for stay with us and we hope that you will continue to choose our property when in the area.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Although I prefer and tend to stay at Residence Inns, this Fairfield Inn is new, clean, and well equipped. It offers a nice morning breakfast. But the couple of evening receptions during the week are more finger foods and not intended to be a meal, but this is a Fairfield.

Unlike many hotels these days that claims to offer "high speed" internet the in room wireless service here is good. The cable channel lineup is also better than many hotels as it offers numerous channels that would make you think you're home rather than the typical 10-15 typical of hotel offerings. And it's clean cable as in no annoying repeating power on menus, sales pitches and overcomplicated menus and their remotes.

The hotel has a nice work out area and a heated and clean indoor pool, although a little on the small side.

The counter staff are very friendly and helpful. My only gripe with any of the staff would be the lady that hosts the morning breakfast during most week days. I stayed over a long term visit, and when I would report make minor issues she needs to be more receptive and less defensive.

Room Tip: The mexican restaurant nearby is Three Amigos. It has a good menu, friendly service, and excellent...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chase71

Thank you for great comments about your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your business and we hope that you will continue to choose our property whenever you are in the area.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed at Fairfield Inn for wedding on June28 to June 30th.We only had reservations for one night but thanks to manager Dewayne Wilson he was able to get us Friday night also he had to make multiple phone call to Marriott Rewards to get it worked out thanks again to Mr. Wilson and his staff.We had a great time the hotel was everything and more very clean great location look forward to our next stay there.Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us and thanking you for posting such a great review about our property. My staff works very hard to provide the highest level of customer service at all times and to keep the property looking its best at all times.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of Fairfield Inns, and this was the best so far. That doesn't make it a five-star hotel, but it's better than most affordable places.

It seemed new. It was very clean and had a nice appearance. It sits all by itself just outside of town, with only the IHOP nearby. However, it's a short drive into town for a lot of other dining options, shopping, etc.

The staff was great! Check-in was a breeze, and the young lady at the front desk took the time to give us some excellent dinner recommendations. The room was spacious and well designed, nothing fancy but everything we needed. Best of all, unlike many Fairfields, it had a wall thermostat and quiet AC! This was great because we had just suffered through a noisy wall unit the night before. We had a quiet, blissful sleep! The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were a little lumpy. No noise from the hallways or traffic noise from the road.

I would agree with other commenters that the indoor pool was small. I'm not sure why they make pools that small. I guess it keeps the young kids entertained, but it wouldn't be much good to me. We didn't use it so it didn't make any difference to us. The place had an excellent work-out room that nobody was using.

Breakfast was very good, lots of options, and not crowded. If you want more choices there is a very nice IHOP next door, but this breakfast is free and a cut above your usual budget hotel fare. Wi-fi was free and seemed to work very well.

This may be repetitious, but I have to comment again on the staff. Very friendly and helpful! It is rare to be treated so well, not just with courtesy but like an old friend! This is clearly a well run establishment and the people here like what they do.

We were sorry that we didn't have much time to spend in Elizabeth City. It really seemed like a great place with a lot to see and do. If we come back again this is where we will stay.

If you found this review helpful I hope you will give me a helpful vote! I try to be thorough with my reviews and go over the pros and the cons (from my vantage point) in detail. There were no real cons with this hotel except that it's nothing fancy, but you don't expect that from a Fairfield Inn! I can't give it an excellent rating because there are nicer places out there, but if possible I would give it a 4.5 out of 5.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Missionman52

It just makes our day when a guest compliments our staff....not once, but TWICE! We're so happy that your stay was excellent.....your positive feedback about your room and breakfast are what we hope to achieve. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area. We love return guests!

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Very clean room. Very friendly staff and felt very secure. Indoor pool was clean but a bit small. Not a big deal for us. Breakfast was pretty good in the morning and included in the rooms price. All in all I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
MyFairfield, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

We're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We especially pride ourselves on our clean accommodations and friendly staff; your feedback is important to us to ensure that we are consistent in providing both of these. I'm sorry that our indoor pool was not as large as you had expected, but glad that it was clean and inviting. It's good to know that you plan to stay with us again when in the Elizabeth City area. Thanks so much for your comments!

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Traveling with a 4-year-old on a rainy day, I wanted to make sure we got a hotel with an indoor pool. The Fairfield was the only one around for miles that had one. So, with the lack of options, I was happy to see that the Fairfield was clean and the staff was very friendly. The hotel itself was just ok, nothing special. The pool was clean, but very small. The breakfast wasn't all that great. The beds are very hard, just as other reviews said. Overall, the hotel was fine but overpriced for what it was.

• Stayed: June 2013
MyFairfield, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

We're glad that you and your son stayed with us and enjoyed our indoor pool. It is small, but usually brings large smiles from the kids when they are in it. We are constantly making efforts to enlarge and improve our breakfast fare and appreciate any feedback that would make it better. I hope that you will stay with us again when in our area. Thank you for your comments.