“Always Great”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Elizabeth City
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Rooms clean, and comfortable, staff friendly and helpful, breakfast great, hot tub, plenty of parking.

I did have an issue once where kids in the room above me were too loud (I think they were wrestling), the front desk agreed to move me to another room with no questions asked. One time, I was awoken by a passing train blowing its horn.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Fairfield_EC_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you for your remarks. We are happy that you choose our property time and time again. I am glad that the staff does everything to make sure you are comfortable as that is what we are all about. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

This was by far the best hotel we stayed at last sunmer during our 2 1/2 week East Coast vacation (dates 8/14 - 8/16). The hotel staff were all Fantastic! This was our first time in the area and they were great about giving us recommendations and directions and giving us ideas about what to see and do in the area. Also, our room was spacious, clean, beds are super comfy and it was just fantastic. We could not have asked for a better hotel. They also have a great breakfast with tons of items to choose from. We are sure to stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank militaryfam3
Fairfield_EC_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are always willing to welcome new people to our hotel and show them our pride in the services we provide. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

This Fairfield in Elizabeth City, NC always provides me with a great rate, great accomodations that are clean and bright, and a breakfast of good variety whether I want hot or cold. Jeff, the manager, and his staff never fail to handle any issue I have ever had although I rarely find anything to complain about. For travelers to this area who aren't regular visitors this hotel would be your first choice while in Northeastern North Carolina.

Room Tip: Call many days ahead as they are usually very busy and sometimes I have been unable to get a room th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank George W

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our propety. We take great pride in giving our guests the confident service that makes them return again and again. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Best hotel over all that we stayed in on our 2 week vacation. The room was large, clean and in a good safe neighboorhood. The desk clerk was very helpful in recommending a very good restaurant, Montero's. He even gave us written directions to follow.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jimmy30263
Fairfield_EC_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you for your gracious remarks. We take pride in being the best place in town. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

We needed a handicapped accessible room on a last-minute basis. The management of the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Elizabeth City were able to accomodate us and the room was the very best ADA hotel room we've rented anywhere. The overall facility was very clean, well-maintained, and welcoming. The entire staff were friendly, courteous, and extremely helpful in every detail, which made our stay exceptionally pleasant. The highest compliments are due the ownership and management of the Fairfield Inn, Elizabeth City, NC!

Room Tip: The most helpful travel trip we can offer is to book your hotel stay at any Fairfield Inn & Suit...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Thank you for your kind remarks. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We understand how stressing things are when it has to be done last minute. We hope you will visit again.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

OMG!! My business trip was more like a vacation at the spa. First, Maude who checked me in was very warm and friendly. That leaves a very nice lasting impression. Next, I am pleased with the hot breakfast selection. You can't beat free and convenient. Ahhhhhh, the beds. I can't wait to sink into them each night. They are soooooo cushy. Most importantly, the walls block all noise so I can sleep soundly. Jeff, the manager was behind the desk the other morning when I grabbed a newspaper, (another plus) and took the time to ask me how my stay was. That is class. My only complaint are the cookies. How and I supposed to maintain a bikini figure when the hotel serves yummy cookies daily? Get the picture? The Fairfield Inn will always be my choice of hotels as I travel, and certainly when I return to Elizabeth City.

Room Tip: Any corner room, top floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rbulldog
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Thank you for your gracious remarks concerning our property. We take great pride in giving our guests service that will make them want to return. We look forward to your returning to visit us at another time.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

My only complaint would be having the cleaning people knocking on my door to see if we have checked out well before check-out time. They were knocking on our door at 9:00 a.m. and I told the person we would be leaving in 1 - 2 hours. Then I heard another knock around 10 a.m. I ended up putting a do not disturb thing in the lock, but I didn't think I should have to do that.

I very much appreciated the suite upgrade for no extra charge.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Colleen O
Fairfield_EC_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

I thank you for your review of our property and am glad that you enjoyed the uprgrade to a suite. We will work with our newer housekeepers on their approach to checking the rooms for those that they can clean.