“Quite tasty!”

Cypress Creek Grill
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Marlton, NJ
“Quite tasty!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

A delightful surprise! A nice wine list and a varied menu. Everything we ate was terrific!! Barbecued shrimp were amazing. The one drawback - when we asked about specials, our server said "they're over there on the blackboard" which was half way across the restaurant and too far for my middle-aged eyes to see. But what wedding order was tasty and filling.

Visited September 2013

Hertford, North Carolina
“One of the 3 best places to eat in town”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very nice menu and good service in a nice room. Appropriate for date night or family time, or business meetings. Subdued lighting. We have been here often and it never disappoints.

Visited February 2013
North Carolina
“Excellent Restaurant”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We happened upon the Cypress Creek Grill on a Monday night and it was quite busy for a Monday evening. The menu features a petite section which my wife liked and also had a nice regular selection as well. We both had seafood which was very good. Service was good and we had a slight water view from our table up near the front of the grill.

• Visited August 2013
Hertford, North Carolina, United States
“Delicious Food, Excellent Service”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is one of our favorite restaurants in Elizabeth City. The atmosphere is quite pleasant -- relaxed, but a little upscale. The menu is varied, and there are also nightly specials. If you don't have a huge appetite, you can also order small plates. I find these to be a perfect size for me, as you get 2 sides with each entrée. The wait staff is friendly, knowledgeable and well-trained and attentive to all requests. On our last visit, the owner made a point of visiting each table to see that all diners were taken care of. (I have seen him do this on many occasions in the past as well.)

I had the rockfish on the light fare menu, and it was cooked perfectly -- flaky and not overdone. The side house salad was very fresh, and the mixed sautéed vegetables were a nice mix with a light flavor. My husband had the scallops from the specials menu, and they were also excellent. They were served over a bed of homemade corn relish and topped with a balsamic reduction -- really nice mix of flavors.

• Visited August 2013
Cape Charles, Virginia
“Love the petite portion section of the menu”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I was excited to find the petite portion section of the menu, because I really wanted to order the shrimp and crab dip and an entrée without feeling like I'd eaten a bowling ball! The dip was quite tasty, and the my little pork chop was just the right size in its brown sugar-rosemary sauce. And the veggie of the day was sugar snaps! Yum! All with a pretty decent view of the Pasquotank River across the street. Oh, and the service was great!

• Visited June 2013