“Visit twice in the same week”

Montero's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were bicycle tourists starting and finishing in Elizabeth City. We ate at Montero's the night before our first ride day. We enjoyed the experience so much that we had no desire to try another restaurant at the finish of our tour. Therefore, we ate at Montero's again when we arrived back in Elizabeth City. The ambience is peaceful. The decor and music pleasant. The staff friendly. And most of all, the food is delicious, especially the muffins. Entres ordered were sesame tuna and crab cakes, both very tasty. We would definitely return to and recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank JEAN E

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Our gracious B & B hosts recommended Montero's and called to be sure that the restaurant would still be open on the Sunday night we visited. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and seemed to enjoy their work. I really liked the fact that they offer smaller portions on most of the entrees. The salad greens were remarkably fresh and didn't have that "out of the bag" taste. Menu was varied.

1  Thank mtm221
Reviewed October 1, 2013

If you are in Elizabeth City, you need to have dinner at this restaurant. The food and service was top drawer. My wife and I both enjoyed our meals. We also liked the fact they had petite appetite portions for all entrees - really nice touch. They have a full bar with quality beverages. The owner/chef made the rounds to all the tables to make certain everyone was satisfied!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was my second trip to town and second visit to Montero's. I enjoyed both visits. I've now sampled various appetizers, entrees, desserts and have enjoyed them all. Like any other restaurant, there will be dishes you like more or less, but I would not hesitate to recommend anyone go here while in town. In particular, I'd like to mention the scallops I had this last visit. They were perfectly cooked; I hate when seafood is overdone, and they cooked these wonderfully. The service has been friendly both times. I don't anticipate being in Elizabeth City again anytime soon, but if so, I will go to Montero's!

1  Thank Kathy B
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Old restaurant with a very friendly staff. The Owner made it a point to visit our table. We had two young kids and 6 adults so we were seated in the banquet room. Not as nice as the restaurant area but ok.