“Excellent Service and Delicious Food”

Montero's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Excellent Service and Delicious Food”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I had a night out recently and chose Montero's. The atmosphere was great and the servers were courteous, knowledgeable and very prompt. Good service is hard to find! The owner and his wife visited our table at least twice checking that everything was to our liking. The draft beer was reasonably priced and very cold! We had steak, baked potato and salad. The blue cheese dressing is homemade and to die for!! The baked potato was perfect and where do I start to describe the steak? It was perfectly seasoned and cooked to perfection! My husband always uses steak sauce but did not as it was perfect and to add any sauce to it would have ruined it! I have often complained that EC did not have a good steak but I will no longer. The menu is varied and I'm sure it is all just as delicious. We will be returning!! Take my word for it, you will not be disappointed. My husband and I have made a pact to return at least monthly and I plan to celebrate my birthday there next month! Does that mean I get to go twice, once for our monthly pact and once for my birthday. Sounds like a good idea to ME!!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Jennifer and Ke... W

Palm Bay, FL
“Good food great value”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

The food was very good and the serve was great! The price was reasonable for the quantity and quality of food.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank SpaceCoastBill
Chesapeake, Virginia
“A Fantastic Restaurant”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Whenever we are in Elizabeth City we eat at Monteros. It is such a good place to eat. We always
have a wonderful meal there. Our last visit we started off with Vegetable Napoleon, as a appetiser. It was amazing. A layered lasagna like vegetable dish with provolone and marinara.Every bite was delectable. In my opinion this could be a main course. Hard to believe it is heart healthy.
My husband ordered the Spinach and Wild Mushroom Penne. It was delicious with so much flavor. This was also a heart friendly dish without any sacrifice of taste so wonderful.
I ordered the sauted scallops . They were lightly browned and cooked to perfection and seasoned just right. You could choose two sides with every dish except pasta and only one with that. There is quite a lot to choose from. We had the green beans, baked sweet potatoes and kale with swiss chard. All were good and freshly prepared.
All orders are served with a basket of mini muffins and rye and white rolls. These are very tasty especially the muffins which we saved for dessert.
Our waitress was Kristin who never let our water run out and was very attentive. Would ask for her again. In fact all the staff is very personable and welcoming.
We love how the allow half portions and also show heart healthy meals. wish more restaurants would do this.
If you are traveling near Elizabeth City it is a must to eat at Montero's, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Dennancy
New Bern, North Carolina
“Wonderful ,food,experience and staff”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Montero's is the only 5 star restaurant in Elizabeth City.The food was excellent,service superb,and atmosphere was perfect.The Chef/Co-owner Andy came out to check on us personally to make sure everything was prepared as we liked it.Please avail yourself of this outstanding culinary experience anytime you are close to Elizabeth city.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Bob S
Hampton, Virginia
“WOW”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was our 4th or 5th visit to Montero's and, as always, they exceeded expectations! Having grown up in Elizabeth City many years ago, we had no idea that we would find such a charming venue with amazing food! One of my favorite things is that most menu items are available as either full or half portions so you can enjoy a reasonably sized dinner - and, oh, maybe still have room for dessert? Personal favorite is shrimp and grits with andouille sausage. Best I have ever had and yes, I have tried this dish many places. Server Tu was attentive, charming and SO energetic! This is a wonderful family business (you may be greeted and seated by any of the three Montero daughters) and they utilize local ingredients where possible. ENJOY!!!

• Visited June 2013