“WOW”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was our 4th or 5th visit to Montero's and, as always, they exceeded expectations! Having grown up in Elizabeth City many years ago, we had no idea that we would find such a charming venue with amazing food! One of my favorite things is that most menu items are available as either full or half portions so you can enjoy a reasonably sized dinner - and, oh, maybe still have room for dessert? Personal favorite is shrimp and grits with andouille sausage. Best I have ever had and yes, I have tried this dish many places. Server Tu was attentive, charming and SO energetic! This is a wonderful family business (you may be greeted and seated by any of the three Montero daughters) and they utilize local ingredients where possible. ENJOY!!!

1  Thank Liz23661
There are newer reviews for Montero's Restaurant

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Andy and his team personally catered our wedding in the Outer Banks this June, and we cannot say enough good things about them!! From the very start of our caterer search, Andy was friendly, responsive, and very helpful in the planning process. We wouldn't have pulled it off without him. Right after the ceremony, he immediately offered us water and hors d'oeuvres...even for our dog, the ringbearer. We received so many positive comments on how AWESOME the food was! Our friends and family talked about it all week. For any bride getting married in the Outer Banks, I give Montero's an 11 out of 10. He went above and beyond what I ever expected...we truly couldn't have chosen a better caterer. Thank you, Andy!! -Kara and Shawn

1  Thank Kara K
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I are easy people when we dine out! All we are looking for is good food with good service! After many failed attemps dining in EC we finally stumbled upon this gem. The food is delicious and prepared carefully from appearance to temp and the servers are knowledgeable and clearly enjoy what they do! Thank you Montero's for striving daily to be the best, so far, it's working.

1  Thank JustSoYouKnow247
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Best Shrimp & Grits ever. I've had many, usually in Louisiana - but these were the best.
Crab cakes, better than average, but not to die for. Service - casual, local friendly, accommodating (changing servings, etc) timely, manager stopped to see everyone during dinner to see if everything was ok.

Portions are large, everything we tried was very good. You can't go wrong going here.

Very accommodating for handicap.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

A very nice meal at a comfortable restaurant. Wait staff was very nice and attentative without being overbearing. I had the Fried goat cheese as a starter which was very nice, when paired with the local Weeping Radish beer they had on tap. For the Main course I had the Shrimp and grits which was nicely done in a spicey sauce. Would definitely go again when I am in the area.