“Worst Food Ever!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Elizabeth City, NC
“Worst Food Ever!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went to try the new "Water's Edge Grill", and will NEVER return. Ordered calamari, which seemed to be of the frozen variety, but "deep fried" on the premises. It was ok. My date ordered a hamburger with lettuce, tomato and pickle (mustard on the side) I ordered a house salad and a half pound of steamed shrimp.

His hamburger arrived with mayonnaise, which he did not send back. My salad and steamed shrimp arrived and upon eating the first piece of shrimp something tasted peculiar. I ate 2 to be sure... and it was a very weird taste, combination of something metallic and plastic... like they had been stored improperly. I eat approximately 50lbs. of E-city shrimp/year so this was very bizarre.

I told the waitress, who took away the food, she came back and told me the "chef" had tasted the shrimp and they were fine. They would give me a 20% discount off the item. No apologies, just that the shrimp were fine. (the shrimp were not ok) I have never argued with restaurant personnel that my food tastes poorly, nor did I tonight. We just elected to leave. Oh, the salad contained hot house/previously frozen tomatoes, iceberg lettuce, croutons that are barely croutons, and they were obviously from a food distributor. (gross, Pepperidge Farm is better)

The hamburger was barely edible. The ice tea was very good. The view was nice too.
I will never take anyone there, as it is a horrible display of our Harbor of Hospitality! No hospitality offered at all! Regretfully, I was hoping to have a new venue to take my numerous visitors to our city. Hopefully, it will close soon and a new team will try, as it is a wonderful location.

• Visited August 2013
7 Thank Messy_Cookies

Tampa, Florida
“Great view average food”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Sitting outside on the water is great. Food is the equivalent to good bar food. This is one of those places you go for the view and a few drinks maybe a snack. Friendly staff. We will return.

Elizabeth City, North Carolina
“What an incredible disappointment and waste of money”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and love to eat out but we also love to cook, therefore when I eat out, I expect a restaurant, where I spend my hard-earned money to be at least as good as me in the kitchen. We are locals but are well-traveled and know good seafood. The fish and chips were an absolute joke. Tilapia was the fish!!! Here we are, on the coast of NC, home to some of the greatest seafood anywhere and they serve me nasty, Chinese origin probably, Tilapia! The fries were cheap, frozen shoestring ones. His soft shell crab sandwich was also very mediocre. Our lunch bill for 2 adults and 3 kids was well over 60.00! Save your money and either make your own local seafood at home or try Quality on Ehringhaus.

Its a shame that this restaurant, with such a prime location, was such a disappointment. As it is now, we basically will only eat at Toyama's and Montero's in EC. Otherwise, we plan ahead, and prepare fresh and delicious food at home. Its a sadly lacking thing in the area unfortunately. I would love to sic Gordon Ramsay on this restaurant to see if it can be turned around. We need more good places to eat at in the area!

Our service was exceptional. We left our server a great tip as the horrible food wasn't his fault. Save your money and go elsewhere in EC.

5 Thank alocalfoodie_123
Houston, Texas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great burgers and water views!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Anyone passing through or that lives there should give it a try. The food was fresh and very tasty. Went twice in one weekend. Also had the fish and chips, which was very good. Best fish I've had in awhile. Definitely worth trying!

1 Thank Linda L