“Wonderful surprise in a smaller package”

Toyama Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2018

My niece and I have visited Toyama several times over the last year when we have been in Elizabeth City. We always get the same dish, steak teriyaki. I can't even begin to describe how delicious this dish is. This is a small place, also specializing in sushi. The staff is very courteous and helpful. I highly recommend this establishment.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

It's tucked away nice little cozy place if you are craving for good Japanese food here. Friendly service and quick turnaround. No pretentiousness just good comfort food.

Reviewed June 8, 2018

We stopped by with another couple for lunch and had bento boxes and rolls. All were fresh and delicious and very reasonably priced. Service was on point as was the food. All in all, great lunch, great food and great company - a winner!

Reviewed February 5, 2018

Toyama has great sushi and a variety of rolls. My favorite roll is the California roll. Their mismo soup is delicious and their ginger salad dressing is also very tasty. This is a good place for families to dine. Waitresses greet you with a smile.

Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

I moved to Elizabeth City about 2 years ago and was told how good this place is and I must agree. I have become a regular and eat there a couple times each month. The staff always remember what I like and are very friendly. Make sure to check it out if you are in there area.