“A Wonderful Place”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I never thought I would fine excellent Japanese food in this area but this little locally owned restaurant if fabulous! The Sushi among the best I have eaten.

They have their own homemade Sukiyaki sause, which is wonderful. I would suggest you try their Chicken Sukiyaki.

Don't miss this restaurant is you are in the Elizabeth City area or Outer Banks.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Hole in the wall, yes it is...but the best sushi you'll find! They have a PLENTY of vegetarian options, marked with a (V), so I can't understand why some may were dissapointed in their offerings? You MUST try the Bernie Roll and Spider roll...Great waitstaff. The place was SWAMPTED with every seat in the house full, and we had our food in less than 20 minutes. Love this place.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

We were quite surprised to find a good sushi restaurant in Elizabeth City, NC, but Toyama is among the best of many we have tried in other locations. The owners are friendly and helpful, and their special rolls are excellent.

2  Thank Sheryl C
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Absolutely wonderful! The pepper tuna is the best I have ever had and the dragon roll is to die for! My husband and I will surely go back!

1  Thank irishmaegan
Reviewed February 21, 2012

This is not a fancy shmancy location, and we nearly drove right by it (we are not from the area), but the food was sufficiently delish and the portions plenty. Definitely would visit again.

2  Thank ladybug618