“Beautiful Wedding Night”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Elizabeth City
Foreman House Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Mel & Andy just exceeded my expectations in making sure that my every need was met. From having chocolate dipped strawberries in my room to a bottle of champagne on ice for us girls to enjoy while getting ready for my wedding, which was per my request, to a fabulous dozen of the prettiest red roses sitting in my room, which wasn't my request. But I accepted with no hesitation. When my new husband & I retired to our room that night, what was waiting for us when we got back, champagne & strawberries. I had a beautiful wedding on the river in Hertford & it was the wedding of my dreams, but Mel & Andy played a really big part in making me feel really good as a bride & assuring me that this day was about me before I left for the ceremony by their genuine, southern & superb hospitality. This by far is the best B&B I have ever stayed in & I have stayed in many. Let's not forgot how charming the home is. Absolutely gorgeous! The breakfast was amazing. I finished what my new hubby couldn't. I will return over & over & over and I have family that live there. Thanks guys. You are truly wonderful people.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of them.
There are newer reviews for Foreman House Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I were coming back from the Outer Banks and decided to stay in Elizabeth City overnight. Checking Trip Advisor, we found the Foreman House and gave them a call. What a great choice we made! Andy and Mel have a wonderful old turn of the century house that's been exceptionally remodeled and made our stay delightful. From wine, cheese and great conversation that evening to a delicious breakfast the next morning; we could not have had a better stay. There's a reason that they're rated #1 in Elizabeth City; stop by and see for yourself. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our visit with Mel and Andy turned out to be one of the highlights of our vacation along the east coast from NY to Key West. Beautiful house! Genuine hospitality! Great travel tips and a fantastic breakfast!
Worth any detour.

/John

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We just returned from a perfect weekend at the Foreman House! What a delightful B&B experience - we can't wait to come back. The house itself is beautifully decorated and very spacious - ideal for our family of 10. The hospitality was top notch around the clock, from impeccably tidy rooms and bathrooms to gourmet breakfasts and evening night caps - Andy and Mel are simply the best. We especially loved the hot coffee sitting outside of our rooms in the morning, and freshly baked cookies waiting for us when we returned at night. We felt right at home all weekend, just like we were visiting old friends. If you are planning a trip to the Outer (or Inner) Banks of NC, definitely put the Foreman House on your list!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We made reservations at the Foreman House in Elizabeth city as the last stop on a 25th anniversary road trip. It took a while to find it, but the effort was worth it. It was like visiting the home of old friends. Great conversation, travel tips, and (dare I mention it) cookies! Mel and Andy went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed 3 nights at the Foreman House while celebrating our anniversary. We stayed in the Garden Room which has a queen size bed and a huge bathroom with a large walk in shower.The bed in the room is firm, so if you like a more plush bed you might consider bringing a foam pad along. My husband and I always do this as we rarely find a bed anywhere that is the softness we desire...being as we are completely spoiled. The room itself and the entire B&B is beautifully decorated and immaculately clean. But even more impressive than the aesthetics is the attentiveness and graciousness shown by the hosts Mel and Andy. Although my husband and I needed to check in later than the quoted check-in time, Mel was still up and waiting to visit with us and he provided us an attractive tray of specialty cheeses and fruit. I asked Mel if I could put a few items in their fridge as we had brought picnic items with us to eat during our trip. Instead, Mel provided us with a small portable fridge to place in our room. It was perfect and so helpful. Each morning Mel and Andy served us a hearty and delicious breakfast in the dining room. Leaving hungry is completely impossible as Mel offered to give seconds if we wished even though we couldn't have possible fit in another bite. Every evening when returning from our tours of the area we were greeted by either Mel or Andy who offered refreshments and asked about our day. They were both fun to get to know and visit with as they have been to many places and have many stories to share. Andy is an artist and since our daughter is an artist as well, I asked him to give us a tour of his art - many pieces of which are displayed throughout the B & B. He graciously did so, even taking us into their private quarters to show us pieces he had recently completed and was preparing to take to an art show. It was so fun to see his work and hear about how his artistic abilities developed over time. If you choose to visit the Foreman House, you will not be disappointed. Mel and Andy will do everything within their power to see that you are happy and that your visit with them is satisfying. I would give them my highest recommendation!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heart4Home
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Foreman House B&B during a trial in Elizabeth City, NC. Andy and Mel give new meaning to the term "hospitality". The rooms were comfortable and spacious; they provided us plenty of space to spread out our trial materials; allowed us space when working; and then entertained us with stories when we needed a break. Andy and Mel also offered many additional services you would not expect from the average bed and breakfast, even going so far as to take us to the courthouse when city parking was full. I am already missing the fabulous breakfast! The most memorable part of our stay was the way Andy and Mel made us feel at home. I truly enjoyed my stay at Foreman House B&B and my only regret is that my stay did not last long enough! I would recommend this B&B to anyone traveling for business or pleasure in the Elizabeth City, NC area!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Audubon room, which was very spacious; however all the rooms are very nice!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business