“A Pleasant Surprise”

Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Elizabeth City
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Overall, the Best Western Plus was a nice surprise. The Fairfield was still under renovations so we moved our reservations to the Best Western. The rooms were nicely appointed and comfortable. There's still a few detail items to be taken care of but overall we were pleased with the move. I would consider staying here again should I return to this area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Nicole R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are so glad you you chose to give us a chance. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

The experience was a pleasant surprise. Nicer than I expected. Decor was very nice for the price. Customer service was good. Checkout was effortless. Parking situation was perfect. We did not try the breakfast so can't speak for that. Being disabled I appreciated the setup in the restroom. Much better than more expensive hotels.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

We were very pleased with the accommodations at Best Western! The price was very reasonable so we were surprised by the high quality, comfort and beautiful ambiance of the room. The entire hotel was recently remodeled. The staff was great - friendly, helpful and competent! The breakfast was excellent as well. I would recommend this hotel and definitely will stay there again if in the area.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you so much for your kind words! We hope to see you again soon and have a great day!!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

very good hotel for a business trip...remodeled and updated. very friendly, helpful staff. I would recomend this hotel for a those looking for a mid-priced hotel with reasonable, clean accomidations. I've stayed at several of the other mid-priced hotels in town and they are much more dated and "tired".

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Dave T
Nicole R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 252-331-7751.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I love staying at Best Western's. The hotel room is always nice & the staff is always helpful and this was no exception. The staff were helpful and nice - made sure we ate the free breakfast before we left. Would stay again!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank jceschan
Nicole R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have been here several times. Honestly every weekend since they open.I go to Elizabeth city every weekend.my stay the December 14th 15th weekend was horrible.There was no hot water and there was no manager or maintenance man on duty to fix the situation. breakfast ends at 930at 9 o'clock there was no breakfast left and the rule is they bring nothing out after 9 o'clock advertisement States breakfast in at 930 not when everything runs out so actuality you have to beat everybody down to breakfast on a full weekend as graduation so u don't get your breakfast that you paid for and if you miss out they don't accommodate you.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank landa252

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide superior customer service. I am sorry we were not able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future. The hot water issue was resolved, it was due to a faulty hot water heater.
I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with exceptional service.
If I can provide any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 252-331-7751.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

My first arrival was the longest ever checking into a hotel. Got there and waited for almost an hour. Got to my room, key didnt work. Got to the front desk and there were people still trying to check in. Waited another hour then get to my room to see hair everywhere. Dog hair at that. Got another room to see no refrigerator, coffee maker or remote. Went to frony desk for them to tell me they cant do nothing about it. Stayed ONE night to found out my heater wasnt working. Its late at night and me and another lady stood there waiting for management to fix these issues. Once again, another problem... management only come mon thru wednes. Wheres maintenance? Doesnt work on weekends. On big events such as graduation? The lady says no. Wow never have I been in a hotel where theres no management there nor maintenace on a big event. After returning to my room I see others making their way down because of no hot water. Anothet problem on my way to the room.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank markj7570
Nicole R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

I am so sorry to hear about all of the issues you had while at our property. We would like you to know all of the issues have been resolved and we are working hard to make every guest stay a great one. Please come back and see us and we guarantee you will not be disappointed again. Thank you for your review, it is people like you that let us know what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. Thank you again and have a Merry Christmas and Happy New year. We look forward to serving all your future lodging needs.