“De'Tours' personal touch is a hit with house guests!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
De'Tours in Elizabeth City
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Enjoy the warmth of yesterday with a unique afternoon experience in the quaint surroundings of Elizabeth City, North Carolina. Escape the rat race and step into an unhurried atmosphere where you will journey into the past on a personalized walking tour of Historic Elizabeth City, followed by deliciously appealing British Tea cuisine in a restored 1853 Greek Revival Home. Guided by a local resident, you will cover over 300 years of history and architecture. Upon returning from the tour, you will be treated to a Victorian tea and scones in the oldest surviving brick home in Elizabeth City. Tour and Tea time is approximately 2 hours.
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Arranged a tea for visiting relatives and found out SO much interesting history I had not heard before about our beautiful waterfront town. We all thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The food and teas were amazing. It's truely a great place to make special memories with friends and family!

4  Thank Kittync

Reviewed April 6, 2013

A group of us decided to surprise our friend with a Birthday Tea. It was very last minute and Bonnie graciously said yes and prepared a fantastic spread of tea sandwiches, scones, truffles and a wonderful assortment of teas. The day was dreary, so we were not able to go about the town, but after the tea, she gave us a tour of her beautifully restored house and furnishings. Bonnie has many family heirlooms and wonderful collections that she shared with us. The tour of the house was fabulous and her garden is to die for. She has many stories to tell about the history of Elizabeth City. The price is right too. I highly recommend De'Tours in Elizabeth City for a wonderful and relaxed afternoon.

5  Thank tfox61
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I met my sister and father at Bonnie's 1853 Greek Revival home in historic Elizabeth City, VA for tea/lunch and a tour. She greeted us at the door in period costume and my jaw dropped at the beauty of her home and antiques. We had a great time! Bonnie really spoiled us and made us feel special. The food and tea were delicious and the tour through the historic district was so interesting a magical. A must adventure for history buffs and tea room enthusiasts!

3  Thank Alana P
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I recently decided to do something a little different while vacationing at the Outer Banks. We spent the afternoon with Bonnie, having a delicious tea and hearing many stories about the house and the town. Bonnie is a wonderful cook, knowledgeable tour guide, and gracious host. It was a wonderful, relaxing afternoon. Highly recommended!

4  Thank Mark L
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Ok, my sister's babyshower was hosted by the tearoom. It was fabulous! I am severly gluten intolerant and everything was gluten free!. The house is glorious and I was given an in depth tour which included a showing of some of the owner's jewelry. I am a huge vintage jewelry fan, so this was quite a treat. Like I said, the house is amazing and the second staircase is so gorgeous. The tea was magnificent. But then again, I'm a huge tea fan. Bonnie is down to earth and very accomodating. There are no airs put on here. You have your tea, you enjoy the atmosphere and you celebrate your event. Elegantly, of course, but without the snobbery associated with tea rooms. I can't recomend this enough... Enjoy yourselves, you deserve it.

2  Thank Jack C