“Wonderful afternoon in Elizabeth City”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
De'Tours in Elizabeth City
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Enjoy the warmth of yesterday with a unique afternoon experience in the quaint surroundings of Elizabeth City, North Carolina. Escape the rat race and step into an unhurried atmosphere where you will journey into the past on a personalized walking tour of Historic Elizabeth City, followed by deliciously appealing British Tea cuisine in a restored 1853 Greek Revival Home. Guided by a local resident, you will cover over 300 years of history and architecture. Upon returning from the tour, you will be treated to a Victorian tea and scones in the oldest surviving brick home in Elizabeth City. Tour and Tea time is approximately 2 hours.
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Was just down at the Outer Banks and we decided to try something a little different so we made reservations to visit the historic district of Elizabeth City. Our afternoon visit started off with a delicious tea of sandwiches, scones, and desserts. While tea was served our hostess gave us a complete history of the historic house (built in 1853) and the amazing collection of antiques and artifacts. A walking tour (make sure you wear comfortable shoes and if it's sunny, a hat) of historic downtown Elizabeth City follwed. Our hostess really knew a lot about the houses, the architecture, and the history. It was a great way to see the City. Upon our return we visited her lovely garden. All in all it was a great afternoon, especially if you like afternoon tea and history.

2  Thank 1890girl
There are newer reviews for De'Tours in Elizabeth City

Reviewed April 16, 2012

This weekend my sorority sisters and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary. We were so excited to see one another, many of us having not seen each other in at least 8 years, and wanted to create the most memorable experience where we could do the most interesting things and still spend quality time with one another. We were lucky to find De'Tours in Elizabeth City on the local visitors bureau's website under the "things to do" tab. Bonnie, owner of De'Tours in Elizabeth City immediately responded when we reached out to her, she was open to accommodating us up to the final minutes before our tea even when we had fluctuating head counts and additional sorority sisters that were not accounted for showed up to the tea. She was so gracious, easing my anxiety (as I was afraid that we were inconveniencing her). She quickly reassured me "not to worry, its okay", made them a place setting, and gave each of them her undivided attention. If you are considering a beautiful uber feminine experience, with a host that is knowledgeable of the historic homes history, the overall cities history, and great information overall...De'Tours in Elizabeth City is the place. The tea was the most delicious and flavorful I have ever had, I think we talked about it through the morning. The chicken salad sandwiches and goat cheese and fig sandwiches were my favorites, however everything was so delicious its really hard to even choose a favorite. I can not say enough about De'Tours! Its my new favorite place and I will most certainly be back every time I get to Elizabeth City!!! Check it out, you will not be disappointed!

4  Thank TravelingPairofFour