“Nice for the cost - don't expect the Ritz”

Days Inn Elizabeth City
Days Inn Elizabeth City
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Elizabeth City
Cleveland, Ohio
“Nice for the cost - don't expect the Ritz”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

You get what you pay for and for $60/night, this hotel was a place to sleep and shower. If you are looking to save a few bucks or don't expect the Ritz, the price was good for what you get. The continental breakfast really surprised me and the wifi signal was very strong too.

For the cost, it worked for what I needed. If I was planning a trip for the whole family or was going to be in my room for an extended time, I would look elsewhere. The Holiday Inn next door will cost you more than double, so it just depends what you want. $60/night @ Days Inn or $120+/night @ Holiday Inn about 50 feet away.

As long as you don't go into this assuming $60/night will mean luxury, you'll be fine. If you expect a lot, avoid this Days Inn.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ClevelandChris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This place was the worst I have ever stayed. Bedding seemed clean. It was barebones bed dresser table chairs. Bathroom had mold and tile falling off. Whole room was in need of major cleaning. We kept shoes on in room. There was coffee maker but no pot. No garbage can in bathroom. I went to front desk to ask for lightbulb the clerk at front desk said she did not have any, I think I disturbed her phone call. I paid for this in advance with no refunds yet when I was waiting for desk clerk to get off phone there was a list of rooms rented and how much they paid they were all $10 to $15 less than I paid. Internet price was rip off. I am amazed Days Inn allows this Place to use its name.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Gia40

Travelers are raving about these Elizabeth City hotels

Reviewed May 26, 2012

This hotel may not be perfect but they are certainly better than some of the expensive named hotels i have stayed at. The housekeeping staff are wonderful, my kids loved them. The desk clerks are great. And the rooms are more than acceptable. I love this hotel. Me being an EC resident, Days Inn is my first hotel choice.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank NinaRivera
Apex, North Carolina
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stayed here to save a few dollars last night and should have left as soon as I saw the room. The room smelled musty, there were little pebbles or rocks in my bed under the sheets, bed was as hard as any I've ever slept on. The TV had a green spot on the screen. There was one picture over bed and the rest of the room seemed like a painted over jail cell, No coffee pot, no shampoo, no closet for clothes,no iron, towels were old and felt like burlap, I just can't believe this was a days inn. I now know days inn will allow any old dump to hang their sign. No coffee in the morning, mildew was growing on shower head, an absolute dump!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!! I have learned my lesson. Always, check out the room first if you can.

Room Tip: go down the street to Quality Inn, a little more but includes breakfast.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank MARK P
Foxborough, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I was traveling with about 12 family members to NC for a funeral. We decided to get a few rooms at this hotel. After a 14 hour drive and getting in at 4am my first room smelled like there were 4 cats living in the room and using it as a liter box. We had horrible service. There were bugs and decon around the bed in our second room. The staff was rude and gave us problems while we were in the "breakfast area" aka a little mudroom at 9:45 (breakfast-which was a mess all over the counters) ends at 10. We were not eating, just sitting using a laptop waiting for other family members so we could go back home. contacted the hotel itself and they did not have the courtesy to even get back to me. I then went to the BBB where they told me the hotel would get back to me- still they did not. Finally Days Inn issued me a whole $30 (mind you this wasn't even the amount of a full night). This was not southern hospitality and this hotel should be checked into by the health department (which I did contact on them!)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank Kayla B
Virginia
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I stayed at the Days Inn Mar 22 and 23, 2012. The bathroom fixtures were recent, with nice ceramic tile. Good size fridge and microwave, both clean. Towels and coffee service replenished each day, carpet clean and room did not smell like stale smoke. Lots of TV channels to choose from. Furnishings a little worn around the edges, but this isn’t the Hampton Inn. I noticed a sanitation certificate near the desk, they are subject to inspections. Breakfast included bagels (there's a toaster), donuts, juices, coffee. Yes, there’s traffic outside—just turn the fan on so you won’t hear it and think of all the money you’re saving. This motel is right next to the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: The farther away from the road, the less traffic noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff was very friendly and tried to accomodate; however, the room itself was horrible. The floor was swept, but the carpet was very old and looked like embedded with dirt and grime from over the years. The refrigerator had food from the previous guest in it, furniture was worn and not stable, the bed linen (spread) looked like it was very old and grimy. Although the bathroom had been cleaned, the walls were spotty and it looked dirty. This hotel needs a complete makeover!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends