Had a very different experinece than previous reviewers. As of Sept 09 it appears the hotel has received a basic update with new carpets, wall paper, lamps and TVs. Bed was comfy and large. Some aspects seem a bit old, such as key card scanners, but not things that are central to most stays. Room also had a fridge. Hotel staff were friendly and curteous.
We opted for the safe components of the breakfast, cereal, muffins and coffee, but I can understand the previous complaints about the heated items. We tried one and it was below average, but we didn't stay here for the food.
All in all a fine hotel in a small town. One final note, if you're looking to stat close to the Outer Banks, Elizabeth City is about an hour away. Weekend traffic to the OBX can be heavy with renters, so plan on leaving on the early side if you don't want to sit in traffic for a few hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Any port in a storm" is an old seaman's saying, but if you're actually caught in a storm, try to make it to the town that surrounds our Hampton Inn® hotel in Elizabeth City. Why? Well, first of all, we're a harbor that offers a huge array of services. You'll find shops, docks, stores, and restaurants all along our waterfront. And second? We're home to the United States Coast Guard. They're just six miles from the Hampton Inn hotel in Elizabeth City. While you're in town, make sure to explore our gorgeous neighborhoods. Many boast Greek Revival, antebellum, Italianate, and Victorian homes and businesses. Those who love golf will find championship links within just a few minutes of our hotel in Elizabeth City. Lastly, if you pull into our town by boat, don't be surprised if you're greeted by a friendly welcome party complete with roses. It's a long tradition here in town-started by two private citizens in 1983 and continued by Elizabeth City's "Rose Buddies." It's yet another reason why we think you'll agree that the Hampton Inn hotel in Elizabeth City is in the friendliest harbor on the Eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hampton Inn Elizabeth City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Elizabeth City Hotel Elizabeth City
- Elizabeth City Hampton Inn