To avoid turnover traffic in the Outer Banks on Saturday, we now spend Frday night at the Hampton Inn in Elizabeth City. We leave PA after work and arrive late in Elizabeth City. We were greeted by a friendly young lady at 10:00 PM and immediately made us feel welcome. Arriving late and tired it was a relief to have a friendly face and a room waiting for us. Our room was typical Hampton Inn and nothing fancy, but clean, comfortable, and quiet. For anyone wanting to avoid the traffice on Rt. 12 it's a reasonably priced hotel and saves a lot of stress on your first day vacation. The breakfast is free, light, and lets you put something in your stomach before heading to OBX where you can have a fresh catch lunch at one of the many restaurants while you wait to get into your retal house.
We arrived too late to explore the area, but have become somewhat familar. There are a couple restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and several chains a short drive away. We traveled with our 2 grandkids this time and had two beds. My husband is 6'5" and the bed seems more like a full than a gueen, but for one night I can fight for my share of the bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Any port in a storm" is an old seaman's saying, but if you're actually caught in a storm, try to make it to the town that surrounds our Hampton Inn® hotel in Elizabeth City. Why? Well, first of all, we're a harbor that offers a huge array of services. You'll find shops, docks, stores, and restaurants all along our waterfront. And second? We're home to the United States Coast Guard. They're just six miles from the Hampton Inn hotel in Elizabeth City. While you're in town, make sure to explore our gorgeous neighborhoods. Many boast Greek Revival, antebellum, Italianate, and Victorian homes and businesses. Those who love golf will find championship links within just a few minutes of our hotel in Elizabeth City. Lastly, if you pull into our town by boat, don't be surprised if you're greeted by a friendly welcome party complete with roses. It's a long tradition here in town-started by two private citizens in 1983 and continued by Elizabeth City's "Rose Buddies." It's yet another reason why we think you'll agree that the Hampton Inn hotel in Elizabeth City is in the friendliest harbor on the Eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hampton Inn Elizabeth City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Elizabeth City Hotel Elizabeth City
- Elizabeth City Hampton Inn