“it is cheap”

Americas Best Value Inn- Edenton
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Edenton
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I and my wife stayed there for three days. It is great, my room was clean and the quiet. I has a lot of drawer space, but the room has not much space. I was very happy for its breakfast, it was not bad. One very good thing, which was the internet service, the Wi-fi was free and fast. finally, I want to say I was very satisfied for the price I paid.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank yanpp
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn- Edenton

Reviewed August 6, 2010

I called the hotel in advance to book the room for one night and they wouldn't honor the internet's $67.07 AARP rate. They did tell me that the pool was closed. I booked the room through the Super8 website and check-in was easy. The hotel is an older one and lots of construction workers were staying there. It was clean, the A/C was quiet and cold, and the black-out curtains kept the room dark. I forgot to pack toothbrushes and the front desk did not have any. The friends we were traveling with could not get a smoking room on the ground floor and their little one was very disappointed with a closed pool. I checked later and the Hampton across the street would have been $18 more. If I were going to stay more than one night I would consider an upgrade across the street.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank 123happycamper
Reviewed May 17, 2010

My family and I arrived to the Super 8 while I was in Edenton on business. My first red flag was the front desk staff- she was EXTREMELY rude, She never smiled upon our arrival - she was actually busy talking to someone else that was clearly a social aquaintance so we weren't even acknowledged. Not only did I not feel totally safe, the room was dirty, and smelled as if someone used a gallon of sanitizer on every surgface. I began to itch the second I walked in. We immediately left and went to the Hampton Inn right accross the street. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!! Very nice staff, flat screen televisions, COMFY COMFY beds, and a wonderful hot breakfast. It was worth every penny of the $20 difference we spent,

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
35  Thank kkelly370
Reviewed January 3, 2010

I stay here every year or so when visiting my husbands grandmother. In the past years it has been a real dump and I was almost scared to stay there. This time the rooms were refurbished with new carpet, drapes and chairs . It isnt anything fancy but a nice affordable place to sleep. It was clean and the staff was really friendly. It looks like they have tried considerably to update the hotel and make it a nice place to stay. And It is close to beautiful downtown Edenton.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank chandie
Reviewed September 27, 2009

Ok, I realize we were staying at a Super 8, but this was sub-par even for a low budget chain. The whole place is in need a major overhaul, including staff. We arrived at our room late and when pulling back the covers on the bed, found a nickle and a ball point pen between the covers- guess it could have been worse. Also, the door handle kept falling off from the inside, and the repairs holding the bathtub together were apparently failing as there was visable cracks/leaks.
Do yourself a favor and stay across the street @ the Hampton, or one of the B&B's downtown.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
37  Thank patsyklein
Reviewed December 8, 2008

Nothing fancy. That's not what anyone expects when staying at a Super 8. Room was clean. King size room has refrigerator and microwave. I do have 2 comments for consideration. 1. When open on a holiday, consider having the continental breakfast available past normal time. Have holiday hours set like weekend hours. I didn't want to get up early on Thanksgiving and have to rush to have breakfast. 2. When booking on a holiday and the hotel is almost empty, do not have guests staying right next door to one another. We had a very loud and obnoxious family stay next to us the second night. I could hear almost every word of every conversation....which started at 6:00 am and lasted until we left that morning.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank lessnow59
Reviewed July 7, 2008

My husband, daughter and I arrived on July 4th for a one night stay. I made our reservation over the internet for a non-smoking room/2 double beds. When we arrived to check in we were told that they didn't have this type of room for us but that they had a king with a pull out couch. I showed the lady my confirmation printout with the number but she totally blew it off and told me that it really didn't mean anything. I insisted that i wanted the room that I had reserved and she said that they had a king bed and "did i want it or not?" My response was "well do i have a choice?" Her response was "is that your answer?" I nearly blew a gasket. I could not believe how rude and uncaring this woman was being. I told her that i would take the room anyway. After enduring the noise from the room above us, i finally fell asleep around 4:00 am. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. The people that worked the front desk when we checked in were the rudest i have ever encountered at a hotel. I know for a fact that i was not the only person to complain. Do yourself a favor and go to the Hampton Inn across the street.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
27  Thank mahick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edenton
Hampton Inn Edenton
#2 of 8 in Edenton
Captain's Quarters Inn
Captain's Quarters Inn
#3 of 8 in Edenton

Been to Americas Best Value Inn- Edenton? Share your experiences!