“It's a typical Super 8.”

Americas Best Value Inn- Edenton
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Edenton
Apex, North Carolina
“It's a typical Super 8.”
Reviewed December 8, 2008

Nothing fancy. That's not what anyone expects when staying at a Super 8. Room was clean. King size room has refrigerator and microwave. I do have 2 comments for consideration. 1. When open on a holiday, consider having the continental breakfast available past normal time. Have holiday hours set like weekend hours. I didn't want to get up early on Thanksgiving and have to rush to have breakfast. 2. When booking on a holiday and the hotel is almost empty, do not have guests staying right next door to one another. We had a very loud and obnoxious family stay next to us the second night. I could hear almost every word of every conversation....which started at 6:00 am and lasted until we left that morning.

• Liked — Convenient location
  • Disliked — Paper thin walls
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank lessnow59

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Raleigh
Reviewed July 7, 2008

My husband, daughter and I arrived on July 4th for a one night stay. I made our reservation over the internet for a non-smoking room/2 double beds. When we arrived to check in we were told that they didn't have this type of room for us but that they had a king with a pull out couch. I showed the lady my confirmation printout with the number but she totally blew it off and told me that it really didn't mean anything. I insisted that i wanted the room that I had reserved and she said that they had a king bed and "did i want it or not?" My response was "well do i have a choice?" Her response was "is that your answer?" I nearly blew a gasket. I could not believe how rude and uncaring this woman was being. I told her that i would take the room anyway. After enduring the noise from the room above us, i finally fell asleep around 4:00 am. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. The people that worked the front desk when we checked in were the rudest i have ever encountered at a hotel. I know for a fact that i was not the only person to complain. Do yourself a favor and go to the Hampton Inn across the street.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — the entire experience was awful. We were shown how little they cared.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
27 Thank mahick

Travelers are raving about these Edenton hotels

Barnesville, Ohio
Reviewed April 9, 2008

Well, we knew from previous stays what we were in for. The problem is that when there is something going on, a wedding, graduation, etc....you will get stuck here if you don't book into the Hampton EARLY. We have family in Edenton, and have had to stay her several times because of the things aforementioned. This place really IS nasty. We are not picky people, and usually are just looking for a comfortable place to sleep. There has never been hot water at ANY stay in this hotel. The beds are about 100 years old. Housekeeping could be better. You couldn't pay me to swim in that pool, either. This place really isn't that old, opened in 92 or 93 if I remember correctly, and was called Travel Host Inn. It was nice back then but just hasn't been maintained.

Stayed May 2007
24 Thank edevine5
Columbus, OH
Reviewed October 3, 2007

This place seems to be rather old, and it has not been kept up very well at all. The rooms were very small, the bathroom was really small, the sink was not even in the bathroom, but in the bedroom area. The walls had some sort of stain on them, which looked grimy. When I closed the door to the outside, I could still see light around the bottom and the door latch. Even when locked, the door seems flimsy, and loose. Turning on the light switch upon entry to the room, no lights would come on, I checked every light, but none seemed to be connected to this switch. The bathtub would not drain when I showered, very grimy feeling once again. The fridge was dirty inside, it needed a good cleaning. The beds were hard, and hard to sleep on. The walls were thin, I could easily hear people in the next room. As you can tell, I hated this place, so the next day, I moved across the street to the Hampton Inn, which is very very verrrrrrrrrrrrry nice. Compared to this Super 8, I felt like I was at a resort! Also the breakfast here at the Super 8 was pretty bad. The toaster would not even work. So do yourself a favor and DON'T stay here, believe me, the extra $20-25 for the Hampton is MORE than worth it, you won't be sorry.

Stayed October 2007
23 Thank dracos333
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edenton
Hampton Inn Edenton
#7 of 8 in Edenton
Inner Banks Inn
Inner Banks Inn
#2 of 8 in Edenton

Been to Americas Best Value Inn- Edenton? Share your experiences!