“12 day business trip”

Reviewed October 24, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jerri H
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Not to bad of a hotel considering its off the beaten path in a town that's older then most of the dirt in the area. When we stayed the little old woman behind the counter had some issues with our reservation but was funny. We got to our room wasn't too bad again for being in the boondocks and a super8. I wouldn't recommend this to stay for an extended amount of time but if you need a place to sleep and you find yourself near Edenton this will work and prices aren't bad either. Remember, its a super8 not a Hilton.

Room Tip: If you have kids or someone in your group with allergies move on to somewhere else otherwise youll b...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2012

If you are a smoker you will love this place. My wife and I don't smoke. We thought we were going to get a non smoking room, non were available. The room smelled so bad. I used about half of a spray bottle of ECO Lab Room Refresher to make it more tolerable for us.
The staff was very friendly.
The continental breakfast was good, with items as fruit, danish, hot and cold cereal, juice, coffee and tea.

Room Tip: If you smoke you will be at home.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank S2R27
Reviewed July 9, 2012

attempted to stay here for a family reunion. room smelled like urine, room was in disarray, did not have the advertized WIFI, if it did the signal was too weak to connect, they also advertized they had a pool, they do, but according to the clerk, the general manager or owner doesnt want it used so that would equate to another form of FALSE advertising. due to the above, we wanted a refund, hotel tried to charge for two days while we were only there for 45 minutes. Part of that was spent walking across the street to the Hampton Inn to see if they had vacancy because we were completely turned off by the room, the other part of that was spent arguing with the clerk about the room, and him FAKE calling his General manager 9was really just talking to a recording, called corporate, the hotel tried charging for a full day blaming us saying we messed up the room, clerks cant do anything on weekends because the general manager is not there on weekends, gen. manager has attitude when hotel is wrong. after repeated calls and complaints to corporate i assume they forced the hotel to give us a partial refund of the one day they were still trying to charge us for. will never go there again!!!

Good tip, dont stay here. spend the extra money for the Hampton directly across the street. your time in that area will be 10x's better at the Hampton, which is where we went after the fiasco there.

PS- i have stayed in Super 8's before, i travel a lot (military) and none were ever like this one. so i dont think its the whole chain, just this one. they should just close this one as their practices are making the entire chain look bad!

Room Tip: Good tip, dont stay here. spend the extra money for the Hampton directly across the street. your t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Justin W
Reviewed June 15, 2012

When I first arrived, I checked out the facilities, and decided that they were not for me. Looking a bit tired even for a budget motel chain. Security and privacy seemed to be a concern as well. People sitting outside their rooms in the parking lot in lawn chairs drinking adult beverages. I went to a nearby hotel, the facility was more to my liking, and the price was not that much more. I still had time to cancel my reservation at this Super 8. When I called the front desk attendant, I received no help at at when I asked to cancel my reservation. She said she didn't know how. Huh? Unbelievable for a front desk person. The attitude was a bit surly as well. When I inquired how I would go about canceling, she noted in an unfriendly manner "I guess the same way you made your reservations". Well I made my reservations online through Super 8. Again, unbelievably, the confirmation I printed from the Super 8 website did not have a number to call to cancel reservations - even though they had their cancellation policy noted. When I asked the attendant if she could give me the corporate number to cancel, she said she didn't know (or even offer to to find out). Again, huh? Finally, with some helpful assistance from a very attentive front desk person at the other hotel, I was able to acquire the correct number to cancel (even though I was on hold for a long time). A suggestion for the Super 8 corporate people - please place the contact number for canceling on the confirmation printout. Another suggestion for this particular location - some much needed customer service training please. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank TheCosmicTraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edenton
Hampton Inn Edenton
#2 of 8 in Edenton
Captain's Quarters Inn
Captain's Quarters Inn
#4 of 8 in Edenton

Been to Americas Best Value Inn- Edenton? Share your experiences!