“Friendly service and great menu!”

309 Bistro & Spirits
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Edenton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We celebrated a friend's birthday at Bistro 309 recently and had a really enjoyable experience there. There were many good seafood options, which you would expect in Edenton. Crabcakes, fried flounder, swordfish, red snapper, and oysters were available on the evening we dined there. There were 5 or 6 specials that were featured that weren't even on the menu.

We chose the bacon wrapped scallops and baked crab casserole & pita chips for our appetizers. Both were very good. I chose the fried flounder for my entree, and it was also very good. My husband ordered the swordfish special, and said it was good, but not outstanding.

The service was especially friendly. We were not pleased with the first bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, and the waitress happily & quickly replaced it with another type that was much better.

All in all, this is a wonderful dinner spot and we would recommend it to visitors looking for a slightly more upscale dinner in Edenton.

1  Thank KelekeWahine

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Superb service, and a great, warm atmosphere. The food is quite homely but very tasty. Scallops in bacon were great, as was a blue cheese, strawberry, walnut and arugula salad. Mains were a little greasy, but good pieces of fish and attention is paid to local catch. Small but good wine list. Heavy but delicious puddings. There are a couple of vegetarian choices and a vegan main course. We had a lovely evening here and it really is very good value

1  Thank AmnonLondon
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I was here on business and read the good reviews. This is a charming place downtown near waterfront. The wine list was good, the arugula salad with cranberries, walnuts, and bleu cheese was excellent. However the entree menu was limited, with most dishes featuring heavy cream sauces. Thus, I chose a flounder as a "healthy" choice. It was very very dry. So disappointing.
The hostess-- dark haired-- wanted to seat me near the bar since I was eating alone. I asked her for someplace else and she turned cold and said I could eat at a big table if that is what I wanted. Thank goodness my server-- thin blond-- was very friendly and checked on me often. The brunette walked past me four times to check on the other tables and never spoke or looked at me.

Too bad for the spotty food and service. This could be an excellent restaurant.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Ate here 2 nights on a recent business trip as it was not that busy during the week. 1st night had a swordfish that was one of the best things I have eaten for awhile. The next night ordered a crab sandwich that had alot of filler in it that wasn't listed in the menu. I enjoy a cold beer and it was not at a really cold temperature. I give them the 4 rating as the swordfish and other specials show they really know how to cook well and will be back again. Will order bottled beer though as the taps seem to be set too warm.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We enjoyed lunch here on a summer weekend afternoon. We shared an Asian chicken wrap with crispy cabbage and grilled chicken and a salad with spicy grilled shrimp. We were visiting Edenton for the weekend. Not many eating establishments in this town for foodies. My favorite dinner this weekend was at the B&B we were visiting-see review under Captain's Quarters Inn and Restaurant.