“BEST Sandwich”

Emilio's General Store
Ranked #5 of 28 Restaurants in Edenton
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Emilio's is the heart of historic Edenton North Carolina.

There are daily specials and a wide selection of made to order sandwiches. My favorite is the "Havana". It puts you in mind of the sandwiches served off the most excellent food trucks in Miami.

You should not miss the homemade cowboy cookies!!!! They will complete your meal and stretch your diet.......yum!

Take the time to explore around the store as there are little gourmet " goodies" on the shelves and in various nooks and crannies.

There are tables to sit at or get your meal to go and sit in the waterfront park.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We traveled to Edenton from Mackey's Ferry Marina on our boat, only to find that all restaurants within walking distance of Edenton Harbor are closed on Sundays - except for Emilio's. Well, lucky for me, because the crab cake sandwich that I had is possibly the best crab cake sandwich that I've ever eaten. The baguette on which the crab cake was served was perfectly baked, with a crispy, golden glazed crust, and still warm. This was a sandwich that I never wanted to end, and I would have happily eaten it for the rest of my life if it could have lasted that long. Emilio's chalkboard menu lists about 10 different sandwiches, all with fresh and very tempting, delicious sounding ingredients, and it was difficult to decide which to order. I hope I can make it back here some day, and I'll probably have to order two sandwiches for myself, because one of them is definitely going to have to be the crab cake, but I want to try one of the others. So good!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

I was stoked to learn that they're open 11-3 on Sundays now. Went back in and grabbed 2 gyros and chips to go--great sandwiches! No more shouting orders across the room, it was very nice. It was nice to see them busy! Hopefully this is a niche for them!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Only place open on a Sunday in the downtown area but that has nothing to do with the rating. The ingredients were fresh, excellent bread and a creative mix of sandwiches.

1  Thank Ray O
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Mediterranean sandich with feta and olives was excellent! Get it to go and enjoy it by the bay right down the street. A word to the wise: be prepared to wait. Making a good sandwich takes time.