“Must stop”

Edenton Coffee House
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Edenton
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed July 6, 2014

The Edenton Coffee House is a favorite gathering place of the locals. Friday night free entertainment was great.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I was in town for work, and stopped by the coffee shop each morning. By the second morning, I was greeted by name, and by the third morning the regulars knew who I was. The coffee is delicious, the breakfast sandwiches are great, and it's a SUPER friendly place.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

This interesting coffee shop has a very wide range of coffees and speciality teas. It also has a decent range of panini, wraps and sandwiches and the ones we had were very tasty and very good value.

There is something about this place that doesn't feel as commercialised as other restaurants and cafes; it almost feels like a local spot for hanging about over a coffee - and I really like that.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

There may be another reason why this restaurant/cafe/coffee shop is not listed by Trip Advisor, but I would not recommend it to anyone who visits the area. On a recent visit, I had one of the most unpleasant experiences I have ever had in an establishment of this nature. We had a delightful visit to historic Edenton on the previous day, including a stop in this shop for good coffee and a tasty cranberry bran muffin. We decided to return the next day on our return trip to get some good coffee for the road. We purchased the drinks and sat at a table in the front corner of the cafe. There were only two other patrons in the facility at the time, both on the far side of the cafe. Since I suffer from allergies which are exacerbated by the numerous spring flowers in the city, I began clearing my throat, an annoyance to others I am sure but certainly not a health threat. As my wife and I stood up to leave, I was approached by a man (presumably the owner or manager) who informed me that my "coughing" was disturbing and that I would have to leave. (I never "coughed" nor was my mouth ever open when clearing my throat.) I told him that we were preparing to leave (obviously) and that my throat clearing was a result of allergies. His response was, "You have to leave, and you can't come back." I took his remark and tone seriously, and I will never return to the Edenton Coffee Shop.

2  Thank Julius T
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This was a pleasant place to sit, relax and enjoy a great coffee, clean and inviting...I am an avid knitter I only wished I had mine with me...