“decent food,If you like to wait”
Review of Kristy's Place

Kristy's Place
Ranked #8 of 27 Restaurants in Edenton
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Edenton, North Carolina
“decent food,If you like to wait”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My last trip to this restaurant will be my last trip to this restaurant.My kids and I waited for over 1 hour for a pizza,just a pizza.I could understand if the place was busy but it was not.I would also be more understanding if this was the first time this happened,it was not,I do not know what happened to kristies in the past few years but they seem to have forgotten about customer service.The food is good, not as good as it used to be and most assuredly not worth the wait

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank motman25

Edenton, North Carolina
“Local but going elsewhere”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We're local and will NEVER eat here again. The radio was blasting a country radio station very out of sync with the restaurant's atmosphere. My husband really dislikes country music so we requested that the station be changed. NO CAN DO! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. We should have walked right then but the waitress was lovely, we'd eaten there before and the food was not bad so we stayed. What should have been a lovely lunch was ruined. Also, at 11am (Jan 2) there were only a couple of other people dining in. We weren't tourists so we would have been constant trade for this small town eatery which we made clear. We LOVE to support local businesses. But, if they don't care about creating a good dining atmosphere, we have to wonder about the quality of other things like the food. I don't expect this place to last long with this attitude.

• Visited January 2013
bodytech73, General Manager at Kristy's Place, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
I apologize that the music was not your favorite but please realize we have other customers that may not like the same music that you do. It is not a personal issue but that seems to be what most would like to listen too in this area. We are only trying to run a business and satisfy our customers.
Asheville, North Carolina
“Good pizza, nice ambience”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I'm a local and my wife and I frequent Kristy's pizza. It's the best pizza in town (your only other real choice is the Pizza Hut). The location on Broad Street in the historic downtown is very nice, and you can sit in the window with a great view of the town. Kristy's can get pretty busy on Friday and Saturday nights. The dining room is very large and usually accommodates everyone, but service can be a bit slow when they are busy.

Visited December 2012
Elizabeth City, North Carolina, United States
“Best Pizza @Steaks in Town!!!!”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

PIZZA is off THE HOOK!!!! STEAKS are like you cooked them on the grill your self!!!! COOKED TO PERFECTION!!!! Everyone there are family like friendly!!!.( a lot of my friends have been ther too). A MUST GO PLACE!!!!

• Visited November 2012
“Gentrification hits Edenton”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had the southwest eggrolls as an appetizer, followed by the shrimp Alfredo. The eggrolls were really good, with a sort of cumin infused chili. The kicker was the jelly that was served along side it. A mix of raspberry and pepper jam. Try it. The Alfredo was a generous portion. Tasted like a typical Alfredo sauce, except I think they substituted the shake cheese in the green canister for real parmesan reggiano. The shrimp served could stand alone. I could a tually taste the shrimp, suggesting to me that the dish was indeed fresh. The meal was served with a garlic/cheddar biscuit similar to what you would get a a Red Lobster. I read an earlier review about the hardwood floors. I like them. It beats Pergo, linoleum, or eeeeeeek carpet. Situated in downtown Edenton, I think you would be hardpressed to beat the value of the food, unless you prepared it yourself at home.