“Dinner Time”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Sunderland, Maryland
“Dinner Time”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Cornbread side was superb. The bread pudding dessert was unbelievable. Generous portions and really friendly service. Really enjoyed the dining experience.

• Visited July 2014

Richmond, Virginia
“Down home”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Good down home cooking. Reasonable prices. Great for families. Out of downtown walking distance but plenty of parking. Nothing fancy, just good food at a reasonable price.

Visited June 2014
Greenville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great!!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Food was good very friendly atmosphere. Was complimenting a cook that had been there almost four years ago during my first visit on his grilled trout when his boss comes out the kitchen and starts to scold him. Felt like I got him into trouble but he was great. She then came back and tried to force feed me curry

1 Thank humbleholiday
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good place for lunch”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I was in town running a workshop at the high school, and Nothing Fancy was right across the street. The food is good, the service is friendly, and the location is great.

• Visited June 2014
Palmyra, New Jersey
“A MUST IF GOOD FOOD IS WHAT YOU WANT”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I have family in NC (Bertie County) so I come thru Edenton regularly, had driven by on my last visit and they were closed--this weekend I was not having a good day so decided to drive into town, passed it and someone was outside so I stopped. The lady standing by the door waved me in, one of those Southern Hospitality type waves! Well, I am so very glad she did!!! I felt like I was walking into a relatives house because the greeting was so genuine. Onc einside I starting asking alot of questions because I am on a "Healthy Eatin" routine and wanted to make sure this would be acceptable...the waitress was telling me so much that she finally told me to sit down so she could bring me some samples. What??? Samples in a sit down resturant---I couldn't believe my ears and only wondered what she would bring. She appeared with a plate and 4 lil dishes full of different items (Brunswick Stew, curry shimp, ground beef vegtable soup) WONDERFUL!!!! All of it! truth be told I was full after the samples but decided to go with the curry shrmp w/pineapple salad and the smoked turkey sub. The sub was good, on a nice roll but the Salad was phenomenal!! I'm not a big Curry fan but...after this salad, that might change! What topped it off was they even serve wine. I had a nice glass of Zinfidel and when i got the refill there was a lil left in the bottle and I was asked to sip down my glass so they could get rid of that bottle. I gladly complied! The service was THE BEST I have had in a while and I dine out regularly. Keisha, my waitress was super friendly and excellent at her job. The place is quaint---more than enough space but, that quaint, down-home type atmosphere. I arrived close to closing; even tho I was unaware because I was not rushed at all and actually had some very nice conversation with some other guest and our waitress while sitting and admiring the place---they were just as excited as I about the food, the service and the Nothing Fancy Cafe in general. They too are Northerners who now live in the area. I am still just visiting periodically but the Nothing Fancy Cafe & Market is definitely one of my go to Spots when I'm in NC looking for a good meal.

• Visited June 2014