“Great Comfort 'food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Great soups, sandwichs,and bread. Perfect on a cold day! Service was top knotch. The cafe is with in walking distance of The Pack House Inn

Reviewed February 4, 2013

It's worth the trip to find this resturant while in Edenton. It's not fancy but the food is very, very good. I inquired about one of the soups of the day and the server graciously brought me a sample so I would know what I was getting. The soup was obviously not from one of the usual restaurant purveyors and it was delicious. The servings are large. The cornbread is very good. We can't speak to dinner but lunch was great.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is a real down home type of cafe. Friendly wait people, seasonal offerings, small town atmosphere in a quirky "shop," offering antiques, cookbooks, books, candles, etc. A fun place! The food is excellent -- lots of southern vegetable offerings, diner type of entrees (meatloaf, etc.), but all is very well prepared and delicious. We have eaten there a dozen times, both for lunch and for dinner. And they also have wine at dinner. Prices are very, very affordable. Love this place!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have only been there for lunch, but have never been disappointed. Food is freshly prepared and and is really good honest food. Something your monther would make. The cornbread is to die for, and the chili is really great. Well, everything I have had there has been great. Try it!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had lunch there today. We got there just after the Sunday lunch crowd arrived. Several waitresses and the owner apologized for the large crowd and said they would try to speed up our order. It really wasn't that long of a wait. Later the owner came out and asked what we ordered. My wife told her she had ordered the meat loaf sandwich and collar greens. The owner smiled and said that she thought my wife would like that. I told her that I had ordered the Bar B Que pork sandwich and the Brunswick Stew. She told me that she personally made the Brunswick stew and that I would like it. She then said that the Bar B Que wasn't her favorite. They got it from a local Bar B Que provider. After our meals arrived, she came back out to see how our food was. I told her I agreed with her assessment of the Bar B Que, but the Brunswick Stew was the best I could remember. My wife raved over her meat loaf and collards. She came back out a few minutes later with complimentary slices of German Chocolate cake and peach pound cake, both of which were excellent. Although this was our first time there, they made us feel like valued regulars.