“Don't waste your time or your money”
Review of Waterman's Grill

Waterman's Grill
Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in Edenton
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Owners - Katy and Rick Ebersole and Brian Roberts; been in operation since 1996.
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We were looking forward to eating here but what a disappointment. The waitress brought our food in dribs and drabs and several things were cold. The Hollandaise for the broccoli tasted straight out of a box and the flounder was bony. If you want great good in Edenton go to the 309 Bistro.

10  Thank Canelamum

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Bar was comfortable. Hot buttered rum was delicious. Beef stew was hardy but the "head of broccoli" was disappointing. Yes, it was fresh but is was more like a spear of broccoli!

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

The crab bites seemed undercooked to me, but being on a time crunch we didn't send them back. My tortellini dish was pretty good, and my friends enjoyed theirs as well! The broccoli with hollandaise was a nice change of pace from a typical salad side dish. Service was fair. She could really have afforded to smile just once. It's not that bad sweetheart, part of being a waitress is being personable.

1  Thank SandSunSurf85
Reviewed November 29, 2013

When I go to a seafood restaurant on a coastal waterway I expect good seafood. My wife and I started our meal with she crab soup and fried Mac n cheese. Both arrived quickly. The soup had a lot of crab but tasted like skim milk and onion and had no seasoning. The Mac n cheese was made from a powdered box Mac n cheese and it tasted like a cheap brand, not even Kraft. For an $8 appetizer I would expect homemade Mac n cheese made with REAL cheeses. The coating wasn't bad but the bacon ranch for dipping was made from a poor tasting bottled dressing. At this point we left and didn't want to waste any more $ at this restaurant. I agree with other reviewers taste like frozen and bottled food of poor quality. Very disappointing. Don't waste your money here! We really did go to DQ for chicken strips that were better than this food at a 4th of the cost.

8  Thank thefoodcouple
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Friendly and efficient wait staff on both occasions. My meals were okay…my dinner partners really enjoyed their dinners. I love the broccoli side dish…cooked just as I ordered! They will allow you to bring in your own wine for a $10 corkage fee…so a plus. Ate upstairs both times. They do not take reservations.

1  Thank Roxyvb