“Wonderful seafood, salad, and service.”
Review of Waterman's Grill

Waterman's Grill
Ranked #4 of 29 Restaurants in Edenton
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Owners - Katy and Rick Ebersole and Brian Roberts; been in operation since 1996.
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Ambiance is cosy and nice not ostentatious. Service was very prompt. Caesar dressing is exceptional. The cashew encrusted tilapia was superb and the fried oysters were very large, juicy and fresh - some of the best my wife ever had. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by the lady who checked us in at the hotel we stayed at in Edenton. Looks are deceiving because it had great atmosphere and charm. I ordered one of the specials-prime rib au jus. What they served me was not like any prime rib I've ever eaten. It was a big slab of meat with lots of fat throughout it. I ended up leaving most of it. I could taste MSG in it as well. The string beans were definitely from a can. The large baked potato was flavorless. My husband has shrimp scampi and said it had no flavor. It was just a bunch of shrimp (with the tails left on) on top of some fettuccine- no sauce of any kind to speak of. He couldn't even spice it up with the small cup of cheese on the side which he said was not Parmesan but some kind of cheese that tasted like sawdust. We were both very unhappy with our meals which weren't cheap. It's pretty bad when my husband said "we should have had a sandwich from Subway." When the waitress came to take our plates away, she never questioned why we left so much food or if we wanted a doggie bag. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

9  Thank Karen S
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is a Great Place.
We stopped in for a drink at the bar on a cold and dreary evening. The food smelled great - wish we had had dinner. Loved the decor and atmosphere. Owners and servers very nice.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We were given the option of eating on the upper level which we liked a lot. It was quieter upstairs. The food was very good and reasonably priced. Our server was attentive. Would return again.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a friendly place with a bar. Mt hey serve really good food. Try the tomato and blue cheese soup. WONDERFUL. Clean and great servers. Truly a sign of "southern hostility".