“Not a clean place. DO NOT STAY THERE!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Eden

Baymont Inn & Suites Eden
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Eden
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not a clean place. DO NOT STAY THERE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Recently stayed (July 2012) at this hotel in Eden, NC and was DISTURBED. The staff was extremely pleasant at check-in. However, prior to check out I found that the rooms were NOT being cleaned properly.

I found a used condom and open wrapper in the room, which tells me that the maids are not cleaning the rooms up to ANY kind of sanitary standards. I mean if they can’t pick up what’s on the floor, what else didn’t they clean?!

I feel disgusted and will NEVER stay here again.

Also, I can't confirm, but a relative who was staying in the hotel as well in separate room found blood on her bed sheets. My siblings bathroom toilet didn’t flush…just all around NASTY!!

Just disgusting!!! I plan on filing a complaint with the corporate office.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Eden, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I am very pleased to report that our hotel and our rooms are in fact clean as evidenced by the many reviews posted here. Your room was cleaned prior to your arrival by our housekeeping staff and I personally inspected the room afterwards and I always lift the edges of the bedspread and check around the bed where you said the items were discovered. You said in conversations with our Guest Assistance department that you did not see anything in the room that appeared not to be clean. At check out you asked for the key back to retrieve something you left in the room, however 2 of our employees watched you return to the room and exit the room without anything in your hands. After you checked out we did find a condom left behind but it had not been used. So we're very puzzled by this allegation and regret that you found it necessary to make such a public statement. Once again I will state confidently that our hotel is in fact very clean.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

I recently stayed twice for business at a local hospital and I had the most pleasant experience. From booking my reservations with Ashley to checking in both times with Ann. Both ladies were warm, welcoming, and kind. Absolutely outstanding customer service! They were thorough, informative, and most importantly geniune. They absolutely made my stay!

Room Tip: I asked for a king non-smoking and they accommodated me immediately, absolutely no questions, delay...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Emily32984
1Eden, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Eden, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Emily,

Thank you for your review, we love to hear from all of our guests that have chosen to stay with us. I am glad that Ann was helpful at check in and that I also could be helpful while you were staying with us. We look forward to possibly booking more accommodations with you in the near future. Once again thank you for staying with us!

Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

The rooms are nice and clean, the breakfast is great, the staff is nice. Close to all area dinning, quiet.

Room Tip: All the rooms were fine, it is quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank PerihanW
Perihan,

Thanks for your review, always great to hear from our guests and to know that your stay was wonderful! We loved having you here and hope to see you in the near future. Thanks again and we'll have a nice and cozy room waiting for you.

Suffolk, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

This is a great hotel and the staff is fantastic. One of the friendliest hotels I've ever stayed it. The hotel was clean, very quiet and comfortable. Rooms were nicely decorated and they had a good breakfast buffet which consisted of muffins, bagels, waffles, cereal, fruit, bacon and sausage/biscuits, coffee, juice and milk. Nothing fancy, but all you would want to eat. The hotel was 100% booked, yet still very quiet. They also try to anticipate your every need.

We will plan to stay here again next year.

Room Tip: Go to Chaney's Restaurant for a good homecooked meal. Prices are unbelieveable!!!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BJD1950
To Whom It May Concern:

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I love hearing from guests about their experiences while staying at our location. I hope you choose to stay with us again in the near future or choose from one of our other 120 locations. Our goal is to make sure each and every guest enjoy's their stay to the fullest and we try very hard to accommodate you in what you actually requested. Our rooms are very clean and you get a great value for your money. Again thank you for choosing our location.

Whitsett, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

Very clean- nicely decorated room. A real good breakfast. Only complaint-is noise-you can hear cars on the road over the other side.

• Stayed September 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Harley7760
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

This is a very nice looking hotel, with outside doors and balconies. We had reserved a non-smoking room, which is what we got, but when we entered the room the first time, the stench of old cigarettes was intense. I called the front desk and confirmed this was indeed a non-smoking room, and there was a sign outside our door stating such. However, there were folks standing right next to us on that balcony and below us smoking, and I saw folks standing on the balcony smoking all the way down the front of the hotel. We could not determine exactly where the smell was coming from inside the room, but noted the rooms directly below us were smoking rooms. The drapes and linens seemed to smell fine, but perhaps it was in the carpet. We went to Walmart and bought a large fan (in part, due to the noise next door), and some room fragrance to help the situation. The staff were friendly enough, but did not offer any assistance to my concerns about the smell. The continental breakfast was minimal but present. When we got home we had to clean everything, including our luggage to get the smell of stale smoke out. I chose this hotel due to the better price, and it looked so nice, but my advice would be, spend the money and get a better room.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank azazaz99
1Eden, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Eden, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
First I want to thank you for giving us a try. I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced while staying with us. Sometimes guests take it upon their selves to smoke in a non smoking room and it is beyond our control until the guests are gone and we inspect the rooms and notice a slight smell of smoke coming from within the room, when this situation occurs we will do what we can to get rid of the smoke smell. We do use smoke eliminator for smoking rooms and for any unpleasant smells that occur. We also have an ozone machine that will help with certain smells as well that we do place in all rooms from time to time. We are an exterior property and guest entrance is on the outside, if a guest wishes to smoke outside they sometimes don’t realize there are non smoking rooms around them. We have most of our non smoking rooms away from all smoking rooms. Our breakfast has fresh fruit, Belgian Waffles w/strawberry topping, Sausage and Gravy, bagels, muffins, toast, biscuits, oatmeal, grits, juices, and cereal, it is actually a great breakfast and it’s free. I do hope in the near future you give us a 2nd chance to prove why Jameson Inn is the #1 place to stay while in this area or choose a Jameson Inn on your next destination. Thank you for your review I do take these seriously and I do want you to feel comfortable while at my location and also feel comfortable with the price you paid while staying with us. Once again I hope that this experience has not caused you to lose all interest in the Jameson Inn as we were voted #1 by Market Matrix for the best customer service. Let’s us prove ourselves and give us another try.

Travelers are raving about these Eden hotels

Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

Had a great couple of nights sleep at the Jameson - Staff was very kind (make a call to get the best rate, gave a great discount as it was my first time visiting the Jameson, also accept AAA). Fridge and microwave in room. Continental breakfast was good and offered variety - bagels, fruit, waffles. Good location, within walking distance of walmart. Only complaint - room smelled slightly musty when we first arrived (maybe it was an old 'smoking' room back in the day), but it wasn't bad and wasn't noticeable later. All in all - loved the Jameson, slept well, they took care of us, and it was all for a great price.

Positives: Location, Staff, Price, Comfortable, Clean, Good amenities, Delicious continental breakfast
Negatives: None :)

Room Tip: Call!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank laflordecharlotte
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eden
Hampton Inn Eden
#2 of 5 in Reidsville
Hampton Inn Martinsville
Hampton Inn Martinsville
#1 of 6 in Martinsville

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Eden? Share your experiences!