“Very nice room.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Eden
Whitsett, North Carolina
“Very nice room.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

Very clean- nicely decorated room. A real good breakfast. Only complaint-is noise-you can hear cars on the road over the other side.

• Stayed September 2011
4 Thank Harley7760

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

This is a very nice looking hotel, with outside doors and balconies. We had reserved a non-smoking room, which is what we got, but when we entered the room the first time, the stench of old cigarettes was intense. I called the front desk and confirmed this was indeed a non-smoking room, and there was a sign outside our door stating such. However, there were folks standing right next to us on that balcony and below us smoking, and I saw folks standing on the balcony smoking all the way down the front of the hotel. We could not determine exactly where the smell was coming from inside the room, but noted the rooms directly below us were smoking rooms. The drapes and linens seemed to smell fine, but perhaps it was in the carpet. We went to Walmart and bought a large fan (in part, due to the noise next door), and some room fragrance to help the situation. The staff were friendly enough, but did not offer any assistance to my concerns about the smell. The continental breakfast was minimal but present. When we got home we had to clean everything, including our luggage to get the smell of stale smoke out. I chose this hotel due to the better price, and it looked so nice, but my advice would be, spend the money and get a better room.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank azazaz99
1Eden, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Eden, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
First I want to thank you for giving us a try. I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced while staying with us. Sometimes guests take it upon their selves to smoke in a non smoking room and it is beyond our control until the guests are gone and we inspect the rooms and notice a slight smell of smoke coming from within the room, when this situation occurs we will do what we can to get rid of the smoke smell. We do use smoke eliminator for smoking rooms and for any unpleasant smells that occur. We also have an ozone machine that will help with certain smells as well that we do place in all rooms from time to time. We are an exterior property and guest entrance is on the outside, if a guest wishes to smoke outside they sometimes don’t realize there are non smoking rooms around them. We have most of our non smoking rooms away from all smoking rooms. Our breakfast has fresh fruit, Belgian Waffles w/strawberry topping, Sausage and Gravy, bagels, muffins, toast, biscuits, oatmeal, grits, juices, and cereal, it is actually a great breakfast and it’s free. I do hope in the near future you give us a 2nd chance to prove why Jameson Inn is the #1 place to stay while in this area or choose a Jameson Inn on your next destination. Thank you for your review I do take these seriously and I do want you to feel comfortable while at my location and also feel comfortable with the price you paid while staying with us. Once again I hope that this experience has not caused you to lose all interest in the Jameson Inn as we were voted #1 by Market Matrix for the best customer service. Let’s us prove ourselves and give us another try.

Travelers are raving about these Eden hotels

Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

Had a great couple of nights sleep at the Jameson - Staff was very kind (make a call to get the best rate, gave a great discount as it was my first time visiting the Jameson, also accept AAA). Fridge and microwave in room. Continental breakfast was good and offered variety - bagels, fruit, waffles. Good location, within walking distance of walmart. Only complaint - room smelled slightly musty when we first arrived (maybe it was an old 'smoking' room back in the day), but it wasn't bad and wasn't noticeable later. All in all - loved the Jameson, slept well, they took care of us, and it was all for a great price.

Positives: Location, Staff, Price, Comfortable, Clean, Good amenities, Delicious continental breakfast
Negatives: None :)

Room Tip: Call!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank laflordecharlotte
Lanexa, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2011

I have stayed at Jameson several times and I have been consistently pleased. The staff is great - very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean, spacious, and comfortable. I thought the hotel was very quiet, despite the fact that the rooms open to the outside. Wi-Fi is free and reasonably fast. Breakfast could be better, but I can't complain too much for the price I paid for the room. I used to stay at the Hilton just down the street, and I think their accommodations are superior to Jameson's, but I'm just not willing to pay over $100 a night for a room in Eden. Overall, I would highly recommend the Jameson Inn.

Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank a2gh
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2011

All the staff was perfect, but I must single out the over-all handy man. Murphy I think, was his name. He is one in a million and I hope Jameson headquarters know what a prize they have on their payroll. This unique man should be high on their positional ladder.

The Jameson Inn is not the Ritz but it is everything it is suppose to be. IMO, a much better
value than the Hampton Inn which is next door.
Their homey style breakfast room is conducive to friendly chat. Many of the construction
road crews stay here, all were very considerate.
Aside from the internet service being less than great, I have no complaints.

My stay was extended because of the High Point furniture market. This gave me a chance to explore the NC-VA border towns. From Eden you can day trip to Pilot MT. Blue Ridge Pkwy, Madison/Mayodan, Patrick Co., Basset VA. and more. The small local libraries are rich with genealogy information, as this is where many of the early pioneers settled. On the Socio-economic front, Eden and the surrounds have been stripped of industries that once thrived. Here you can see what remains of the past and appreciate the effects global-economy has had on this region.

At the Jameson you can be assured of a safe, clean environment,
with all the amenities including a club house with a well-maintained pool. Everything a traveler needs is within walking distance. The bonus is Murphy.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank thepinion
1Eden, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Eden, responded to this review, February 24, 2011
We LOVE having you here. We can assure you Jameson Inn is the "best value in the area".
Thanks for all the reviews we would love to hear from you. Please choose Jameson Inn when in the Eden area for a pleasant, clean, and comfortable stay.
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2010

Nice, comfortable, quiet, very clean place, except that the hotel needs to upgrade it's wireless network. Internet service was a nightmare. I was able to connect to the internet, but was constantly booted off. In order to reconnect, I had to repeatedly go through sign in process, which after doing a few times, got old very quickly.
Staff is very pleasant and helpful. Location was good. Only disappointment was the internet service.

Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Alan C
Eden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2010

My wife and & I stayed at this location while I was up working at the MillerCoors plant. This hotel I must say has the best customer service reps in their area. Everyone was so friendly and always had a smile on their face. I'd like to mention Ashley the GM, she was very helpful with directions and made my wife feel at home while I was away at work she went far and beyond by letting her know she was welcome in the lobby at anytime up until I believe it was 10pm to use their computer in the lobby. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a safe place to stay and anyone looking for the best rates as well.

Mike M.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank miketheman2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eden
Hampton Inn Eden
#2 of 5 in Reidsville
Hampton Inn Martinsville
Hampton Inn Martinsville
#1 of 6 in Martinsville

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Eden? Share your experiences!