“NOT the only choice in town”
Review of Hampton Inn Eden

Hampton Inn Eden
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Eden
Reviewed February 8, 2011

All Hampton Inns are not created equal, this one in Eden proves the point.
That said, I was relieved to find a Hampton in this relatively remote area of NC.
I agree with the review titled "the only choice in town", except it is not the only choice.
After three days I moved next door to the Jameson. Value for price, it was a much better
choice.
My small room on the first floor was very noisy due, no doubt, to the gap between the door and the floor. The sloppy grout around the tub looked like a child had done the work.
Overall the place is tired and a discredit to the Hampton Inn chain. To repeat a previous reviewer, this Hampton resembles a Great Western.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank thepinion

Reviewed December 27, 2010

Checked in on a icy evening. Staff was very friendly and they phoned 15 minutes after I was in the room to make sure the room was in satisfactory condition for me. I've never had a hotel front desk do this. Impressive. Room was small, but perfect for me. Quiet and the bed was very comfortable! Walmart, Pizza hut and Ruby Tuesdays surround the hotel. Everything is very convenient. Breakfast was nice - not like I had read in previous reviews. I was very pleased.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Eden is a small town in North Carolina that I travelled to for a brief trip. There is not much going on in the town and there are no real luxury hotels. The staff at this hotel were professional and courteous. My room was clean. It is the best place in Eden hands down. At the same time, it is not a spectacular hotel. The bed was strange in that it was rather high and not that comfortable. The amenities here (breakfast, gym, pool) are also just OK. If you go to Eden you don't really have another decent choice so I would recommend it. But I hope as Eden develops they put in something a bit more luxurious.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Nice place to stay in the area, away from the Interstates, but not particularly scenic. The staff were outstanding and a real asset to the chain. Room was clean but a bit stuffy.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2009

I recently stayed in the hotel for several nights, along with my husband, my daughter, and a friend. We stayed in a handicap accessible room due to my daughter being disabled and in a wheelchair. Everyone on staff was very helpful and friendly, and we found the hotel comfortable for a person using a wheelchair. We took advantage of the free continental breakfast each morning, and made use of the pool which was clean and well kept. Having a microwave and refrigerator in the room was convenient, and my daughter was pleased with having free internet access. We are looking forward to staying in the Hampton Inn the next tme we visit Eden.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2008

Despite the other reviews, this is not the only place to stay in town. We drove right past several "shady" looking places before finding this Hampton Inn. I've found that you can almost always expect a certain quality with this chain and I was not disappointed. We only stayed one night, but they allowed us to check in early so we spent most of the day there.

Pros: Staff was very polite, felt safe and secure, beds were wonderful with think pillows and think comforter, high-speed Internet access in the room with no hassle (pass code on the room key), centrally located, quite, night light in bathroom.

Cons: mirror could have been cleaner, bathroom lacked exhaust fan, orange juice was sour at breakfast

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 25, 2008

Eden, NC is REAL COUNTRY living! The folks in Eden are very nice, and the town is something of a throwback. As for the Hampton Inn, it is the only choice in town. Do not expect much; as for Hampton Inn's, it feels more like a Best Western. The rooms are small, breakfast is horrible (akin to a gas station meal in the microwave), and there are very few people on staff to really help. Frankly this should not even be a Hampton Inn, but when staying in Eden, it is the only choice. With Wal Mart and Ruby Tuesday's within walking distance, the three night stay went OK. The beds are uncomfortable and I could not have stayed a fourth night!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Scot D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eden
Baymont Inn & Suites Eden
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#3 of 3 in Eden
Baymont Inn & Suites Martinsville

Been to Hampton Inn Eden? Share your experiences!