“PLEASE DO NOT SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED MOINEY ON THIS SLUM.”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Eden
Reviewed December 22, 2010

Truly it is a shame that i had to choose the word "hotel" in which to get started; this facility should not be allowed to house the filthiest quarantined farm animals being imported from any third world country. An absolute pit of filth. Used band-aids in the sheets, clumps of hair in the bath, and mold on the air handler unit. ok... now I have your attention. We went to our sleepy little home town for Thanksgiving. Took my daughter's boyfriend to meet the family. We decided to not infringe on anyone and stay at a motel this particular trip. In 40 plus years I have never stayed at a motel/hotel in my home town. Well, we got there after a long trip, checked in.The front desk employee was somewhat friendly except for the 20 minute dissertion about how bad the sleepy little town sucked, as far as there was not anything to do (duh, it's a small farm town) then we proceeded to the room. Now, keep in mind 10 hours on the road battling holiday travel, I had just pulled a 24 hour shift and we were exhausted. Went to the room and discovered t'he buffet of bubonic awaiting. I will preface with this, i can be aggressive but being in the mood to want to be cheerful and also not wanting to start a quarrel at 11 P.M. I chose to resolve the whole ordeal the next morning.
I went down, told the guy we were leaving and handed him the key... Why? I was aked.... the room is filthy; i want no refund for the night but do not charge my card.
Needless to say after a battle with the crass manager and zero help from EXPEDIA plus no resolve with VISA, I was out my hard earned money on a one night stay in a roach infested, moldy, pubic hair in the tub, used band aids in the sheets room.
Yes, I was an idiot but I plead with you.... do not stay at this cess-pool!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank drob96

Reviewed November 22, 2010

We just left this motel at midnight because as I turned down the bed to put my 6 year old son in, I found a pair of black lacy panties in the sheets. If they were white, I could possibly think they were static clung to the sheets and the maid missed it in haste. But black panties!?! I thought an animal was in the bed! As we were leaving, I checked the drawers to be sure my son had not put anything inside. In the drawer next to the bed there was another pair of panties. The management flatly refused to give us a refund because I checked in at 5 and did not discover the problem until midnight. I usually check for bedbugs and did not this time. Live and learn, but take my word avoid this place. They did offer us another room, but it is obvious that housekeeping does not change the sheets in this place, so why would I let my child stay in one of their rooms.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank mtnheart
Reviewed November 22, 2010

92.5 sanatation rating, No elevators, drunk contractors wanting to cut hair and bums with spiders bites that need money for urgent care. Next, no entertainment, no light bulbs, and most important cockroachs on the night stands. No need for a drain plug in the shower, maybe if you want to take a bath its okay..... WOW this place is the dumps of Eden!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously not recommended.....No wireless connections... On a good note were not staying long......

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank dumps49101
Reviewed February 16, 2010

the staff was very gracious. the ammenities were more than adequate. location was very convenient to restaurants and our final destination.

• Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed October 23, 2009

Although this is an older structure it is well-kept , clean , and comfortable . The management team and their employees have always made me feel welcome ; obviously very intent on making their clients happy . The price is right on the mark for my corporate travel . I had my first opportunity to stay here last spring during the week of the Nascar race at Martinsville , VA . I was working a site about twenty miles from Eden , close to Danville VA . The rooms that were avilable there were well over $100 per night and that is way more than my company would approve vouchered-in . This Eden hotel was the only one in the area that did not jack its' rates into orbit during that time . I have had the opportunity to stay at this Econo more than 8 nights this summer while working in Eden and it will be my first choice in the future if I am in Eden . It is conveniently located , lots of dining choices within 1 miles ; very good , reasonably-priced golf course ( $21 dollars ride and play 18 holes , Donald Maples design ) within 4 miles . Great place to stay when visitng Eden !

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2009

I've stayed at this particular hotel three times this year and it has been a pleasure each time. The staff I met is very nice and accomodating. The check in and check out times are gracious. The rooms are clean and neat. This hotel is near many shopping businesses, restraunts, and a hospital incase you have to stay nearby while someone is undergoing surgery. The employees are very polite. I had the opprotunity to meet the owners and they were extremely curtious. The room I stayed in had a nice whirlpool jet bathtub. Very nice king size bed. The bedding is clean. The fridge and microwave and TV were fully functional, and they have free wi-fi. Second only to the polite staff is the great rate. The charge for the night stay is very reasonable given the accomodations and welcoming environment at this particular Econo Lodge.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2009

Stayed here one night, 2 story motel, no elevator all exterior rooms. Check in was quick, smooth and friendly. Nice lobby. Had a king bed room, clean, comfortable. This one had a whirlpool tub in the bathroom. Microwave,fridge, no coffee maker though. No hair dryer, which is typical of many Econo Lodge's. Wi-Fi worked well, one oddity, wouldn't work with Firefox, worked fine with Explorer and Chrome. Good selection of TV channels. Better than your typical Econo Lodge breakfast, waffles, cereal, fruit, bagels, toast, pastries, microwaveable sausage biscuits, coffee, milk, juice. Overall for a budget motel, a good stay. Lots of restaurants in the area including a Ruby Tuesdays that's within easy walking distance, right next door.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank rocknrun

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!