“Wonderful food, horrible price tag!!!”
Review of Kitchen Roselli

Kitchen Roselli
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in East Bend
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Let me say point blank... The food was great! The price however for what you got was horrible... One if the best Italian meals I have had & what blows my mind is that it was in East Bend, NC.... Just didn't expect to pay Tokyo prices!!!

1  Thank JRowley22

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Food is great tried almost all the dishes and I have not found one I didn't like and the severs and all other employees are very friendly this is a great place to eat it is a little expensive but its worth it and make sure you get a cream puff so you better go early

1  Thank David H
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The food is VERY VERY good. The portions used to be large, but they started scaling back last summer. The service is very slow. I don't think that it's the server's fault, but instead, the kitchen's fault. It is pricey for the portion size that you get. We have stopped going because of the poor service and the prices. It's in a remote location as well.

Recently, my husband and daughter went in and asked for two creme puffs to go. The owner would not sell them "just" the creme puffs - even though there were some already in a to go box in the case. Also, they do have "to go". They were quite upset after driving 25 minutes to get them.

1  Thank mcoates
Reviewed April 27, 2012

The food here is consistently great, which is unthinkable because of the remote location. We are local so we try to patronize as much as we can. The wine list is minimal, but drinkable. Some of the staff are cordial, helpful and efficient. My day was hectic and I left the office later than planned, so I called to make sure it was ok for us to come by. We were told it was fine. From the moment we arrived, we were rushed to order, asked numerous times if there was anything else that could be gotten for us. This was quite awkward at a time when our salads were long gone and our entrees hadn't arrived yet. Once when asked if everything was ok and we answered "We're in good shape" our wait person asked if we said we wanted the check. NathanNC nailed his description of the parmesan cheese being treated as if it were gold dust. We asked if there was something we could enjoy the rest of our wine with, but we were informed "he" closed the kitchen. We weren't offered any dessert. We asked to take our wine with us but we were informed the cork had been thrown away. A few corks were brought out but none fit. So we precariously traveled with a truly open container of wine. The wait person had ZERO talent. I have to remember, though, the location of this restaurant. After a long, hard and busy week, this is not the place to wind down.

5  Thank E_n_NC
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Our wait was 20 minutes on Saturday, which was puzzling, since there were three empty tables when we arrived. After we were told there were no more of the coveted cream puffs, we saw waitresses carrying them from the kitchen to other patrons. Our salads had a meager portion of dressing, but we knew from past experience that we would pay dearly for any more, so we made do. Our entrees arrived with one slice of bread for each of us, but the waitress said we could have more at $.50 a slice... we're talking pretty ordinary white bread here, not Italian bread by any stretch. Portions were meager, and there was very little cheese atop them, but it's $2.00 for more. You can get grated parm, which is dispensed with a teaspoon from a saucer as if it's gold dust. After spotting the cream puff parade from the kitchen, we were granted one each, which means the whole cream-puffs drama is just a silly game. At five bucks apiece, you'd think they'd have enough enough for all those willing to pay that much for a little custard and chocolate.

Our waitress was pleasant and efficient. Our bill was $50, with tip, for two entrees and two cream puffs. For that much money, you'd think they could spare a crust of light bread.

I gave the quaint surroundings a good look when we stood to leave. Most likely it was the last time I'll see that place.

4  Thank nathanlafreniere