“A return visit” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 70 Hotels in Durham
Greensboro, North Carolina
“A return visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Had to visit the eye center again returned to this Inn because our first stay was very comfortable and the front desk clerk went out of his way to make a room ready being that I arrived before check in time. However this visit was a little different our beds were very used squeaky and the cleaning staff yelled up and down the hall as they cleaned the rooms and it took until early afternoon for them to finish and after surgery they asked that you get as much rest as possible. Of course that didn't happen on that visit but what really upset me about this trip most of all was when I tryed to get the shuttle. I checked with the front desk to make sure that I had the correct phone number however when I was ready and called I kept getting a busy signal fortunately the hospital had their 800 number which I called and it was answered right away and the shuttle was there in a flash. If I have to stay in Durham over night again I am almost sure I will not be staying at this Inn again.

Room Tip: I wish I knew!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank joe c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Turkish first
Elgin, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I just called to make a reservation. The guy answering the phone asked me to hold on. He put the phone down on the counter as I could hear conversations and moving around in the background. I was on hold for 11 minutes!!!! I didn't hang up, I was curious to see how long I was going to be kept on hold. After 11 minutes I decided to call from my cell phone. When their other line started ringing (which was me calling from my cell phone) they hung up on me on the land line and took a very long time to answer my cell phone call. When he answered the phone I asked him if he forgot about me and he said "yes mama, would you still like to make a reservation"........UMMMMMM, NOT NOW!!!!! If this is an indication of the kind of service I will be getting as a quest, I would rather go somewhere else!!!!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank BRENDA J
Clendenin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I needed to be close to Duke University with a family member and wanted a close place. I couldn't have been more pleased. The people at the desk were most helpful with our needs. When we needed to extend, there was no problem. I was there for almost three weeks, and was very pleased with the stay. The rooms were oversized, with small refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, extra sink and comfortable pillows and beds.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Nancy S
Durham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Visit to Dike University with several teens. Clean but somewhat worn rooms, good value, breakfast about as expected. I would go back because it was safe and the staff was very helpful and professional.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Catherine D
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in via bus. The reviews said the location is good. For anyone visiting and wanting to sight see, its terrible. Go into the city centre, or just go to the next town haha. If you need to get to the hospital, or university, it's a great location.

First impression we're concerning. No smile or hello from staff. They look miserable. And they don't care at all about you. Check in also took forever!!! I was scared to ask if their was a problem though!!

Rooms are nice. Beds are big and comfortable. Very clean also.

They offer a shuttle, well the shuttle doesnt run on a weekend. Don't ask me why.

We ended up going into the hotel next door for help regarding directions. Instant regret that we hadn't booked there as the staff were nice and they had their shuttle bus running.

Oh well. It's money we will never get back. Lucky it was only one night!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Newton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel was clean and the rooms were large and comfortable. There is always coffee in the entrance and they have a no smoking policy including outside the front door now. It was conveniently located for us because it was near the Duke campus and nearer to the Duke hospital (right across the street). there is van service and a free breakfast. There are coffee makers in the room but no coffee was given. We had several problems. I have never met an unfriendlier staff. You had to walk by them to get to the elevator and no one ever said hello or good evening. The worst were the housekeepers who banged on the door around 10am whether you had a do not disturb sign or not.. They left before we did, so we only got the room cleaned once during our visit. There is some good food nearby if you have a car--if not, you will have very few options. The breakfasts did not include bagels or danish several days--they claimed there was no delivery and when they did come, they were tiny and dry. There was cereal and milk and yogurt and coffee each day. Wifi was good. A mixed bag all around.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChayaYehudit
Chandigarh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed here for a day as it was very close to Medical Center where I had my interview. The rooms very clean and was surprisingly over-sized. I real liked the ambiance, furniture of the room. You get coffee maker, fridge, TV in room and WiFi, breakfast for free. The front desk staff were very helpful. Shuttle service is available. If your trip is primarily concerned with the Duke Medical Center and want to cut down the cost of your stay this hotel is very much recommended.

Room Tip: If you are for a medical reason in Duke hospital then you will get discount
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business