All reviews duke university free shuttle mile radius shuttle service breakfast buffet room service front desk staff very nice hotel convenient location would stay again easy access enjoyed my stay one night stay business trip excellent stay fitness center darrell
Selected filters
Reviewed May 17, 2019 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights while visiting companies in the Raleigh/Durham area. Really welcoming staff and reception. Rooms are all well appointed, large and clean. The breakfast buffet was good. Small gym. The hotel is conveniently located to get into Durham town and it’s many restaurants.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2019

An employee tried to enter our room at 9:45pm because they thought our room was unoccupied. Had to ask 4x for extra pillows. Every day we had to request more towels to accommodate the number of people in the room (There would be 2-3 towels provided) For 2 nights they did not provide an extra toilet paper. First night there was 1/4 of a roll with no extra.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
dougpender10, Manager at Hilton Durham near Duke University, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

Dear theshusters,
Thank you for letting us know about the problems you experienced during your recent stay. We rely on our guest feedback to know how we are doing and how we can improve. I can definitely understand you would be very concerned about someone trying to enter your room that you were not expecting. Please accept my sincere apologies. We will be sure to review how this happened and provide coaching to the team member(s) who made this error. Please know this is not a typical experience of a guest at our hotel, as we accommodate thousands of guests each month. I am also very sorry that you had to ask for additional supplies each day of your stay and supplies were not replenished as needed.

Please know your feedback will help us to improve our service and that we do take your concerns seriously. Thank you for being a valued guest and for taking the time to let us know about your experience.

Kind Regards,

Doug Pender
Doug.Pender@Hilton.com

Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

I have stayed here many years in a row starting in 2007. My stays have been from one month to four days while attending a diet clinic in the area. I love this hotel for its employees - they are amazing! They are so friendly, always remember your name, go above and beyond to make you feel at home. I can’t say enough about this hotel.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 4, 2019

All the staff were awesome. I have never been so appreciative as I was with this crew. They rolled up their sleeves and did extend themselves and go the extra mile. I'm grateful for all the services which your property provided.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2019

The hotel was clean, and the bar was great and it was not far off the highway. However, there was light shining into the room while I slept and the door made a noise everytime the air came on which woke me up. I prefer when I sleep total darkness and quiet.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
dougpender10, Manager at Hilton Durham near Duke University, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2019

Dear Travel29636708891,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay! I am glad to hear that you found our hotel clean and enjoyed the Bluestone Bar & Lounge.

I do understand about the outside light and noise from the HVAC system, I know having a good night's sleep is one of the most important parts of a hotel stay! Thank you for letting us know, and we will investigate these concerns further. If the black out drapes in certain guest rooms are allowing light in around the corners. We will do our best to improve so that everyone is sure to sleep well.

Thank you for being a valued guest, and we hope to see you for your next trip to Durham.

Kind Regards,