“Good location”

Ranked #55 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Longmont, CO
“Good location”
Reviewed October 30, 2008

Needed a moderately priced hotel near the Duke West Campus. This hotel is north of the campus."There is a shuttle bus available but using a car is more convenient.

Breakfast was "expanded continental" and not bad for the price. The king bed was extremely comfortable. The room needed some refurbishing, a good paint job, some updated furniture, but it was clean. There is a fair amount of traffic noise from the Interstate just north of the hotel. I had to put on a fan at night to drown out the noise.

There is a nice looking outdoor pool but it was too cold during my stay to use.

Front office staff is friendly and helpful.

Other nearby hotels are significantly more expensive than this one.

• Liked — Location and price, bed very comfortable
  • Disliked — Needs remodeling, traffic noise from interstate
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
Abraham112008, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Medical Park, responded to this review, November 3, 2008
to receive your kind words of praise .

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding.
Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very
best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
Staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thanks.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes
that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services
we provide.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words and the inputs which is taken into consideration and will be taken care of. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Abraham,
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Georgia
Reviewed September 19, 2008

I was traveling from Atlanta to New York. On the way I planned to stop some place and take rest and planned to continue my journey. Fortunately I ended stopping at the Quality Inn Hillsborough Rd, NC. The hotel was next to a Hilton Property under a good location. The room was nice and the staff's were so friendly and while talking to them on the desk for check in, may be a minutes and the girl handed over the key to me and said what else I can do for you ?. I was amazed. That was quick. The hotel was cleans, good atmosphere, friendly staff's & what else is need. I will recommend for my folks. Keep it up.

• Liked — hospitality & the room
  • Disliked — nothing to say
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
AmandaB_NC, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Medical Park, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
It's been a long time since you left your kind review for us. I do hope you get the chance to come check us out again soon!
N C
Reviewed August 26, 2008

I recently stayed at this hotel and there were several problems. The hotel had a bad odor. The drain in the tub was stopped up and the tub filled up as I showered which is completely gross. The problem was fixed, but the next morning my sink drain ran very slowly. Obviously the plumbing needs maintenance. The location of the hotel is not the best. A car in the parking lot was broken into during the night and the police were there investigating the next morning. Don't even think about asking for a late check out unless you want to pay a large fee. This was very disappointing since my son had a room for almost a week and I had a room for 3 nights as we had a family member at Duke University Hospital. I have asked for late check out before at other hotels and never had to pay a hefty fee. These people are not customer oriented.

• Liked — Location near Duke University Medical Center
  • Disliked — Bad neighborhood. Unreasonable addional fees.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank TravelingYears
I am very sorry that you had such a bad experience with us in the past. I do hope you give us another chance to give you a better impression. We offer many discounts for travelers to Durham. Next time you come to Durham book with us and ask for the Manager's Special. You won't regret it.
AllThings0777
Reviewed July 28, 2008

I recently stayed at the Quality Inn, Hillsborough Rd., Durham for one night and will not stay there again.

Several reasons/warnings:

1/) signs posted throughout parking lot "make sure you lock your doors"
2.) lady sitting on stair well talking on cell phone; looked like she may have lived there - she looked suspect
3.) when I pulled into the parking lot (at dusk) after being out for several hours I noticed a car w/2 men sitting in the parking lot (completely out of place); I circled the lot & noticed they did the same.
3.) horrible odor in the room
4.) the room was not clean; I had to sleep wearing my long PJ's
5.) also slept w/light & tv on along with the luggage carrier against the door

Stayed July 2008
I am so sorry you had such a bad experience with us in the past. I wanted to let you know that we have recently renovated our hotel and made many wonderful changes. I do hope you give us another chance to give you a better impression.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 20, 2008

This used to be a Fairfield Inn, so if you are familiar with their design, you get the idea. Very nice lobby area, check in was quick and friendly. I requested a ground floor room I could drive up to and that's what I got. Room was clean and comfortable, high speed internet worked well. There's a Cracker Barrel right next door with a walkway to it, so you don't have to drive anywhere for dinner if you don't want too. Comp breakfast was OK, typical, enough to get you going in the morning. The very immediate area around the hotel is OK, but you don't have to drive very far and you are in some not so nice parts of Durham, but that's probably going to be typical of any of the hotels in Durham along the interstate. Overall, a good one night stay and I'd go back again.

• Liked — Clean comfortable room
  • Disliked — Not too far from the hotel and you get into some undesirable parts of Durham
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank rocknrun
A lot of time has passed since you left your review and we have made many dramatic changes in both our design and our quality. I do hope you get the chance to check us out again soon!
UK
Reviewed January 1, 2008

I was a wee bit apprehensive given some reviews I saw of this place but am glad I went. The hotel is situated along the motorway so not great unless you drive. Apart from that it was a really decent little place. Breakfast was complimentary and good quality. The staff was very helpful and once the breakfast attendant served me even though breakfast was over. The decor of the corridors is a bit shabby but the rooms themselves are good quality and are enormous. Power shower, high speed wireless internet and windows that kept the noisy motorway out were much appreciated. Cracker Barrel just across the car park is a good pit stop for filling local food. The complimentary shuttle runs half hourly and was invaluable. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
Note to patrons of the nearby hospitals, they can sometimes negotiate a discounted rate for you, so ask!

• Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Mona216
We have newly renovated our hotel and made some dramatic changes. Check out our new pictures and see for yourself! We do hope you get the chance to check us out in person soon!
Virginia
Reviewed November 26, 2007

We weren't expecting much but didn't intend to be in the room other than to sleep so we booked it for a great rate. When we arrived the hotel looked new and the lobby was beautifully decorated with cookies being served. Desk staff was super friendly and helpful on places to eat and directions. Went back later with more questions and got same service and attitude. The room was clean and very comfortable and the carpet was especially clean (one of my ick things about hotel rooms).

Stayed November 2007
Many changes have been made since you left your review. Our staff is as friendly and helpful as ever. We hope you get the chance to check out our newly renovated facility soon!