“I would most definitely come back.”

Quality Inn & Suites Medical Park
Ranked #55 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“I would most definitely come back.”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel while on business and I must say that I truly enjoyed my stay. My room was nice and clean the staff seem very well trained and we noticeable but not in the way. I stay in hotels all over the country and this one will always be remembered. If I come back to this area I'm choosing this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
Gloria S, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Medical Park, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay. The staff will be happy to know that their hard work pays off and is noticed by the guests. We are glad our hotel has made a lasting impression in your book of travels. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to providing you with more quality service on your next trip to Durham!

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Mount Airy, North Carolina
Reviewed March 21, 2014

my wife and i recently stayed stayed one nite and there was no hot water,beer cans under the bed, the heat made so much noise we shut it off. we had a 5:30 appoiment at duke, they said no breakfast till 6:30 understood that. they did allow us to check out at 1:00pm without a extra charge.next time that will be next wk, am going to try the days inn or somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay at our hotel. On behalf of the hotel, I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations regarding your room. Your valuable feedback has been shared with the appropriate departments and will be used as a training tool for better service. Feel free to contact me here at the hotel to discuss your stay. Again, thank you for your review and we hope that you give us a second chance on your next visit to Durham.

Manager
Williamston
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Shoddy, dowdy...those are the words that come to mind. First - check in: we had requested early check-in and arrived for our 3 p.m. check-in at approximately 2:30 but the room was not ready. It was not ready at 4 p.m. or at 5, when we finally left for our evening plans. As we waited in the lobby for the room to be ready, we were treated to constant slamming doors - both entrance doors closed with a loud bang. When we arrived back at the hotel after the evening out, around 9:30 or 10:30, the maid's cart was still in the hallway. They were still cleaning rooms. Other issues: no hot water, window ajar that would not close, bathroom door that would not close properly, television reception so-so. The beds were comfortable, however, so there's one good thing. We just got an overall feeling of uncaring, shoddy attention to the hotel. Definitely will not return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank NCBluesy
Gloria S, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Medical Park, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete survey regarding your recent stay. We were in a state of emergency due to the ice storm and power outage. I have shared your responses with the appropriate staff departments to ensure we handle these situations a lot differently in the future. I am glad that you did enjoy our new mattress in your room. We want all of our guests to have a pleasant stay with us. I sincerely apologize on behalf of the hotel and I hope that you will come visit us again so we can provide you with better service.

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. There was a power cut in the hotel on the morning of 03/07/14 due to bad weather. There was no emergency power in the rooms at all; not even a light in the bathroom. Essentially, we had to get ready for the day in dark. The next morning, on 03/08/14, there was no hot water in the bathroom. On asking the front desk, I was told that the water heating system shut off at the time of power cut and the maintenance staff did not know that they had to switch it back on. I was asked to wait for 15-20 mins since the water heating system had just been switched on that morning. We waited from 9 AM to 11 AM for the water to heat but that never happened. Eventually, we had to check out from the hotel without being able to shower; disgusting! This is by far the worst hotel stay I have ever had. Will not be booking Quality Inn ever again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review on our your recent stay. I want to sincerely apologize on behalf of the hotel for all the inconvenience you experienced. Unfortunately the ice storm did knock out our boilers for quite some time, however we worked diligently to get the hot water restored as soon as possible. Your valuable feedback is very important and will be used as a tool in future situations such as this. Again thank you for your review and I hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service on your next visit to Durham.

919-382-3388
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The staff and service are outstanding. Front desk called after I was in the room to made sure every thing was right. The hotel is doing an update and painting so there is some issue with that, but for the better. The rooms are clean, bed with fresh, crisp linens, and comfortable. The breakfast is average for a choice hotel and I was expecting a little more. Was a good stop over as I was traveling on business and was looking for something close to the interstate.

Room Tip: Ask for room on the east end away from the interstate noise
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
AmandaB_NC, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Medical Park, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for your very kind review. I am most pleased that the staff service was outstanding. I will be sure they see your feedback. We appreciate the encouragement!
Lenoir, North Carolina
Reviewed February 11, 2014

At first everything seemed great and I was sure I had picked a good place. The location was quiet, there was a business center in the lobby and a desk and lap desk in the room. The first night was great, but it all seemed to go downhill when I had to wake up the first morning and take a cold shower. No adjusting made it get warm enough. That evening after I returned from class I stopped by the front desk to tell them what had happened. I fully expected to get offered a different room. The response from the front desk receptionist was that the plumbing in the entire building had been incorrectly installed and that I just needed to find "the sweet spot" for the hot water. I went to my room feeling very dissatisfied. The water did come in warm on that try so I decided to try again the next morning. The next two days the water went from warm to scalding spontaneously as I showered. To add to this complaint, the sole elevator was broken on Saturday and still not fixed when I checked out Monday. I had to carry my luggage down three flights of stairs. The internet was always crawling. Not good when you have several lectures you need to listen to. The final straw may have been the paint fumes on my last night there. They filled the hallways at first then suddenly overtook me and one of my classmates in our separate rooms about the same time. I dealt with them by cracking my window and stuffing towels at the bottom of the door. I will not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you choose the third floor you have no balcony and if the elevator is out you have to walk up out...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
AmandaB_NC, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Medical Park, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
I am very sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. The elevator did go out. It was a major repair instead of the minor repair we thought it would be, so it wasn't fixed until Monday morning when we could get the necessary parts. I am very sorry for the inconvenience this caused. We did get some of our remaining renovation work done during your stay. We painted part of the exterior of the building, and didn't realize the fumes would carry into the rooms so strongly. I'm not sure what the desk clerk meant by "sweet spot" but I am looking into the issue with the room you had.

Again, I apologize for not providing you with a superior experience. As I said in my email to you, I do hope that you reconsider and give us another opportunity at a better impression.
Ashfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Staff was outstanding! Friendly & helpful. Room was very clean, bed was very comfortable.
Except for inconsiderate people in room next to me and some highway noise, place was pretty quiet. Breakfast area and exercise room were very clean too.
Biggest issues: no easily accessible plugs. All but 2 plugs were totally blocked by furniture, 1 was next to the sink, the other was under the table (accessible but not easily unless you are tiny and flexible). Also, unless you need one, request a NON ADJOINING room. There is only 1 door between the rooms and every sound, odor, ray of light from the room next door was as if it was in my room.
There should be a policy in place to deal with pet owners that do not clean up after their pets. The woman next door to me let her dog poop right outside my door several times a day. The front desk people did ask her to clean it up but she denied it was from her dog (even though there were witnesses to it) so they said they had no recourse with her. Hotel staff did clean up the piles but there were more the next day.

Room Tip: Specify NO ADJOINING ROOM unless you need it.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
AmandaB_NC, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Medical Park, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you so much for leaving your feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you got my email regarding some of the concerns you raised. We are making improvements to improve the quality of stay for all of our guests.

We hope to see you again soon!