“Convenient and worth a stay!”

Quality Inn & Suites Medical Park
Ranked #56 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here overnight while we attended a reunion. Approx a $10 cab ride onto Duke's West Campus. Clean rooms. Coffee maker, microwave, and mini fridge in the room. Free wifi was offered. No frills at this location but I would stay here again because of the price and location. The desk staff was very friendly and the free breakfast in the morning was pretty tasty with fresh fruit, waffle station, cereal, eggs, sausage, etc.

• Stayed: April 2012
AmandaB_NC, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Medical Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us in 2012. We are working hard to make 2014 the best year ever. Many improvements have been made on the building and in the rooms. We still have a few more projects that we are excited about. Stay with us on your next visit to Durham and you will be impressed!

Reviewed January 6, 2012

I usually like quality inns. This one, not so much. Most rooms are exposed to the outside, but is not a deal breaker. The lobby needed a cleaning. Bad. There was flecks of a pillow fight all over the floor, and it smelled of stale cigarettes. The after hours window was strange. I can't come inside after midnight? They did let me i though. The elevator almost took out luggage, and it smelled too. The upper hallway (the only part with doors on the inside) smelled again. The room was actually mostly clean except the top cover that had something on it. If I wer hsekeeping, I would not put a top cover that had something visable on it. That's just gross. The remote control battery cover had been taped on, but fell of at every touch. The room was $74, and the Hilton was$120. Big difference, but next time, I will pass this one up.

Room Tip: To to the Hilton next door
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank catsspoon

Oh no! I'm so very sorry for the problems you encountered. Our hotel is newly renovated and we've made many wonderful improvements. I do hope you give us another chance to give you a better impression!

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Hallways smelly and carpets nasty. Unsavory characters roaming halls all hours of the night.
Window with double glass completely "fogged" in between panels and unable to see outside. Please see picture.

Breakfast a joke! Watched as attendant heated day old potatoes and day old sausage patties in microwave and put out for guests. Then she prepared fresh product and put on top of old. By "prepared" I mean she microwaved multiple plates of sausage and multiple plates of frozen potatoes on the SAME styrofoam plates then dumping them into the warming dish! Microwaving these plates has been determined a cancer risk when they begin to melt---which these did!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank naivevictim

I am so sorry that you had such an experience. We have made many many many changes and I sincerely hope you give us another chance on your next visit to Durham, NC.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

Stayed here for one night. It was fairly clean and sort of quiet. I missed the free breakfast. No frills, but no problems either. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Anne S

Thank you for choosing us in 2011. We hope to see you this year!

Reviewed November 17, 2011

not much to say here. if you are interviewing at duke, the shuttle service is a hassle. they say only 5 mins away, but you also have to take into account the time for the shuttle to get to the hotel, for the shuttle to drop off other people, and it requires you to wait multiple times in a day. inconvenient. but the hotel is standard. nothing much to complain about here.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay with us in 2011. We still offer great rates for guests interviewing at Duke. If you visit our area again, look us up!

Reviewed September 1, 2011

We arrived about 3 in the morning and had no issue checking in and taking the elevator to our third floor room. We got two queen beds instead of the king that I requested, but we were too tired to complain, especially after seeing that the rooms are nicely maintained and comfortable, The pooch seemed relaxed there, too. If I have any complaint it is the parking and its relationship to the entry. There is only entry to the elevator to one side. I had to park on the back side and it's quite a walk to the front.

This hotel is a bit old, but very well taken care of.

Room Tip: There's only one elevator. First floor is best.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank snurd3

Thank you for choosing us in 2011. We still offer pet friendly rooms. Look us up on your next visit to Durham!

Reviewed August 31, 2011

My husband travels for business and I go along to see different cities and enjoy the ammenities of the hotel. This specific Quality Inn is very nice. The staff was kind and very accommodating. The pool was clean, the grounds were kept, and the rooms were huge. We stayed in one of the suites with our dog and found the extra space was exactly what the three of us needed for a week's stay. Breakfast was typical.
Speaking of breakfast....the reason I could not give this hotel a rating of five was because every morning (I went down at different times) food was not replaced, staff seemed to congregate in the breakfast area fixing themselves coffee, eating the food, and telling stories from the night before. They were very loud and this is not the way I like to start my day. I could not even get to the area to fix my own coffee for the staff.
Overall I really liked this hotel and if ever in the Durham area we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Use aaa and book online through Choice.com
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank LisaA1970

Thank you for choosing us in 2011. We hope to see you in 2014!